Slur autoban script

MrSpicyV

So I just started playing BF4 after many years, and today I've seen 2 people get banned for trying to say my name. Twice I've had a teammate kill me and then attempt to apologize. "I'm sorry mrspic" (forgetting the y) and "sorry mrspicvy" (misspelling my name) and both were immediately banned. I'm not 100% sure if it bans people for correctly spelling my name but I don't exactly want to find out.

Is there any way to make the script more lenient, or do I really have to change my name because a slur is 4/5 of the word spicy? Cause it's hard enough to fill the server without people getting banned for trying to apologize to me.

Last edited:

BoomMcNasty

I just signed up to plead my case spicey...
Im glad youre here to corroborate my story.

on a side note sorry for getting you killed...lol

MrSpicyV

I just signed up to plead my case spicey...
Im glad youre here to corroborate my story.

on a side note sorry for getting you killed...lol
no worries. It happens. I didn't even know it happened until someone pointed it out to me lol. Then it happened again. Smh. Way too sensitive.

Irishian88J

Ban Manager
Head Admin
Our filter does not differentiate between the actual slur and a mistype or name. Once it spots the combination of letters (That may or may not be a slur) it will take action. That's it. Just a simple word filter. We will look into this. But cannot guarantee it will work.