Shaving is fucking expensive..

Snakebabies

Well, I shave my fucking face, and I am tired of spending 30 bucks for refills for my shaver. CUrrently using Shick Hydro 5. Saw some blades online from some website called Harry's Blades for like 50% cheaper . Does anyone, or HAS anyone gone with some off the wall "Micro" Shaveries they could recommend? That is at least decent quality and provides a good close shave?

http://www.amazon.com/Shaving-Merku...F8&qid=1421868578&sr=8-3&keywords=shaving+kit

And if you like it, then this: http://www.amazon.com/Colonel-Conk-...8&qid=1421868877&sr=8-2&keywords=shaving+soap

Not what you're looking for, but once you use a double edge razor it's hard to turn back imo. Plus after the initial investment, it's like $5 for a 10 pack of blades. I started on a double edge razor, lost it in a pcs (go figure), started using Mach 3's, but tired of paying $45 for a 12 pack of blades and switched back to double edge. Plus you feel like a boss when soaping your face up with a brush, then set it down next to your monocle and gold pocket watch :)

Forgot to add, the soap lasts forever. I get 5 shaves per razor, and I'm one of those '5 oclock shadow at 11 am' people.

what about the dollar shave club? its a site my bro in-law gets his blades from he recommended it to me however I can barely grow facial hair and being a ginger I just get nasty razor burn if I shave shave so I just get the clippers out and knock it down to stubble

Well, I shave my fucking face, and I am tired of spending 30 bucks for refills for my shaver. CUrrently using Shick Hydro 5. Saw some blades online from some website called Harry's Blades for like 50% cheaper . Does anyone, or HAS anyone gone with some off the wall "Micro" Shaveries they could recommend? That is at least decent quality and provides a good close shave?
Simple solution-Dollar Shave Club I get 4 razors a month with a better shave than the gillette for $6.00 a month.
http://www.dollarshaveclub.com/

I dont shave.. use my hair clippers for the job instead. I would use the saftey razors from dollar shave club or order from lehmans.com.

Clippers are good, but the $1 blade is perfect for those that like to shave the noggin as well as clipping.

I use dollar shave club mostly, but also highly recommend @Zappypants post. Best shave you will ever have.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

awesome. thanks six. the promo commercials are nice. I am definitely the target audience haha! I will be entering the club once I finished my current blades.
Yea I like the double edge rasor shave too. I just cant use those everyday cuz my neck/face breaks out like a mofo!

+1 for both $SC and DE razors. Either route, I suggest investing in a cup/bowl and brush. I bought a bunch of samples from www.stirlingsoap.com and love their menthol blended pucks. Give you a nice kick in the teeth and feels like sticking your face in the freezer on a hot day.

Note: I am no natural, holistic hippie. The above place is highly recommended by folks at The Shave Den

Last edited:
awesome. thanks six. the promo commercials are nice. I am definitely the target audience haha! I will be entering the club once I finished my current blades.
Yea I like the double edge rasor shave too. I just cant use those everyday cuz my neck/face breaks out like a mofo!

When I was active duty, I'd use the double edge on Monday morning and an electric razor for the rest of the week , win win!

When I was active duty, I'd use the double edge on Monday morning and an electric razor for the rest of the week , win win!
yea when I was in afghanistan, I rocked the electric razor. Didnt want to catch malaria from the non-potable water by cutting myself with my razor. Fuck that...only thing I did was wash hands/shower in that shit. Limit my exposure

i've been using electric razor for the past 13 years. I would never go back to foam and razor again. Invest in a decent electric razor about $100 range and you're good for a year if you take care of the blades. The replacement blades will be about $50 and good for another year.

image.jpg

Snake one of the things I always do is I have the handle from one of the major brands (several actually). Well they sell another version of that product on straight plastic handles for a lot cheaper. Perhaps the blades aren't quite as good I don't know. But with a little force they come off and still attach to the regular handle. Saved me a little bit.

Dollar shave club is an idea ive looked at. Problem is getting their upper end razer won't really be saving me much from what I am doing now.

Snake one of the things I always do is I have the handle from one of the major brands (several actually). Well they sell another version of that product on straight plastic handles for a lot cheaper. Perhaps the blades aren't quite as good I don't know. But with a little force they come off and still attach to the regular handle. Saved me a little bit.

Dollar shave club is an idea ive looked at. Problem is getting their upper end razer won't really be saving me much from what I am doing now.
x4 handle they got...6USD every two months is fucking solid!

yea when I was in afghanistan, I rocked the electric razor. Didnt want to catch malaria from the non-potable water by cutting myself with my razor. Fuck that...only thing I did was wash hands/shower in that shit. Limit my exposure

Fuck I never thought of that...

Good thing ah took mah foxy doxy!!

I took a $$$ plunge and went and pimped out my shave kit at art of shaving. It's a serious investment, but the way I look at is that I have to shave. Every. Fucking. Day. And in absolutely hate it, I cannot stand shaving, but AoS really sells some awesome products. The shave cream they sell is super concentrated and lasts me 5-6 months easy. I only recommend using their shaving cream and post shave stuff, their basic brushes and a stand is really the only addition I would purchase. The dollar shave club seems to be the best bang for the buck, but if you need to use more than 2 heads a week it's not really worth it IMO. I have thought about getting a saftey strait razor, but I'm terrified of slicing my facell off with it. I always bleed when I shave, unless I use very specific products

I use an electric shaver and I am quite happy :)

Back