Server Rules?

BigE1293

Maybe I'm an idiot for not being able to find it here or on the discord, but what are the server rules regarding long range sniping? Been doing it for years on TBG servers but was recently kicked for it for the first time on a BF4 server. Was sniping other snipers on Firestorm and got KIA'd with no message so I asked what I was killed for. Some admin said you can't snipe from that mountain and as I was typing my response he kicked me. Is this some new rule?
badmin 4.PNG

We do have a rule which we do not want players attacking each other from or into the main bases unless no more cappable flags left. You can type !rules in chat to see the important rules for the server.

@Alteredacer

We do have a rule which we do not want players attacking each other from or into the main bases unless no more cappable flags left. You can type !rules in chat to see the important rules for the server.

@Alteredacer
Even if you are both sniping from redzone mountains against each other? I was sniping against other snipers in the opposite redzone 1150m away. But yeah I'll type !rules next time I join to confirm

He was warned, then killed, asked me to clarify, then came back to the same place in the redzone , then kicked

He was warned, then killed, asked me to clarify, then came back to the same place in the redzone , then kicked
Warned? I was kia'd with no message, asked why, you answered with something I'd never heard of on a TBG server, then when I spawned in and started typing you kicked me lol

Nov 23, 2020 8:31:14 pm the only part of that ridge in bounds is down by the road # # [TBG] BF2 & BF3 MAPS + SILK | 60Hz | TBGclan.com
Nov 23, 2020 8:31:05 pm you cannot shoot form spawn/redzone

I told you the only part of the ridge on firestorm that is not in the redzone is down by the road, so you went back to the same spot in the redzone and started sniping again.

Nov 23, 2020 8:31:14 pm the only part of that ridge in bounds is down by the road # # [TBG] BF2 & BF3 MAPS + SILK | 60Hz | TBGclan.com
Nov 23, 2020 8:31:05 pm you cannot shoot form spawn/redzone

I told you the only part of the ridge on firestorm that is not in the redzone is down by the road, so you went back to the same spot in the redzone and started sniping again.
Yeah I spawned on my beacon and started typing to you. I see you're ultra fast with that kick, got it down pat.

Sorry you see it that way, but I was in spectator and watched you spawn back in, immediately look thru the scope and shoot at targets. I waited 30 seconds to see if you were going to listen or just ignore me and keep sniping, and you kept sniping. Chat log shows 30 seconds between the time you were killed and the time you were kicked.

There was a yell message directed at you the only sniper on that ridge, which was 2 minutes before you were killed, I don't know any other way to try to get your attention.

Nov 23, 2020 8:28:23 pm /@yell ru sniper on ridge get out of the redzone no shooting from redzone

This past year we instituted a new rule that players are no longer allowed to fire or use gadgets from the uncaps. That includes the mountain in Firestorm.

This came after a number of issues and complaints that have arisen over the last few years of people hiding in the uncaps or players not being able to shoot back at the player in the uncaps and general baserape.

We initially had a rule where you were not allowed to shoot into the uncap unless someone was shooting out. Only they were fair game. However people abused it and ended up killing innocent players who just spawned in.

So now it's no shooting in or out of uncap or restricted zones. Everyone must be in the field of play.

Hope this clarification helps!

Last edited:
Back