[Squad] Server Map Rotation Public Feedback

SWINEMOTHER

With the recent map rotation changes, figured it might be a good idea to post up what the pubs have been commenting.

The changes, to my knowledge, were the removal of Fool's Road Skirmish and the addition of the night map.

Fool's Road Skirmish
: Pretty much always killed the server and almost everyone that I asked said they don't miss it and would rather it remain out of the rotation.

Night Map: People seem to like it, saying that it adds variety to the rotation and is interesting.

Other Comments: I've been hearing a decent amount of disdain towards the frequency of insurgency maps. Doesn't seem to effect the player population, but I've been asked about it multiple times without my mentioning it first. Personally, I like them, but this is about the pubs.

Also worthy of note is the general attitude towards Sumari Bala. Every time this map shows up, I hear nearly universal dislike for it, with many saying it's too small. I personally agree with that consensus. However, when the server is low pop, switching to this map also seems to get the server filled up quickly during the odd hours, so it's sort of a mixed bag.

That's the info I've gathered from the general pub population. If any of you fellows have gathered opinions as well, go ahead and add them to the thread. Also, if I missed a change, let me know as well.

Also, I know I'm not a full member as of yet, but I still want the server to thrive as we get closer to a full release and what will probably be a drastic growth in the squad community within TBG. Thanks for your time.

I have Sumari set to run when the server starts, the problem is that I can't exclude the map after it starts, unless I put it in the command line and no where else.

I'll make sumari just in the command line to reduce complaints, as it won't be in the map rotation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I removed Sumari completely from the rotation, and adjusted the Insurgency maps to be less frequent.

Should be done now.

I guess what I have gathered is Sumari aas is not very liked. The skirmish version seems to be good though. I mentioned to soulz yesterday to change list so same game mode doesn't play back to back and that's been done. That should help out a lot.

I been trying every time on to recruit squad people. Been tough sell so far. But we got swinemother!

I was reading map tools should be out in next few months. I can see some kick ass maps coming out then for a custom modes/maps server. Hopefully it's set up so when you connect to a server you can auto download it like COunter strike source does for example

The map rotation should fix recruiting for now :)

@Deputy Swan

Sumari skirmish does seem to fare a little better. I feel like people like it for the same reason they hated skirmish on fool's road. It's short and the match ends quickly. The smaller ticket pool works with the small map and fast paced, almost TDM styled gameplay. I just don't understand how nearly everyone says something negative about the map, but then the server can go from dead to full in one round after you switch to it.

Map tools will be pretty shweet, but I just want a vehicle. My left pinky is getting jacked as hell from smashing that shift down. I'd be fine with a damn bicycle at this point.

@Deputy Swan

Sumari skirmish does seem to fare a little better. I feel like people like it for the same reason they hated skirmish on fool's road. It's short and the match ends quickly. The smaller ticket pool works with the small map and fast paced, almost TDM styled gameplay. I just don't understand how nearly everyone says something negative about the map, but then the server can go from dead to full in one round after you switch to it.

Map tools will be pretty shweet, but I just want a vehicle. My left pinky is getting jacked as hell from smashing that shift down. I'd be fine with a damn bicycle at this point.
Can't wait for vehicles :D

Back