Scientists On Zombies: “We’re Screwed.â€Â

ErikStenger

Well, it took a team of scientists from the University of Ottawa and Carleton University (lead by Robert Smith?, question mark intentional) to codify and scientifically prove what any horror movie buff has known since 1968: a zombie outbreak would probably doom civilization as we known it. The study, actually chapter 4 of the book Infectious Diseases Modelling Research Progress, says that unless humanity fights back in a quick and decisive manner, civilization would collapse. You can read it for yourself.

Allow me to be the first to say, “Duh.â€Â

Humans can’t even handle flooding and hurricanes without mass panic, riots and looting, and generalized anarchy. While authorities say they’d tell the public about a zombie attack, I don’t believe that the word would get out quickly enough to prevent the cities from being overrun, or at least severely endangered. After all, the thing about zombies isn’t their toughness or guile or ability to fight.

Zombies are dangerous due to sheer numbers and ability to blend in with people until it is too late, as well as their ease of virus transmission/people conversion. By the time anyone even notices them there would be hundreds. By the time government officials realized what it was, there would be thousands (assuming they were in a population center). The hunt for the creatures would be house-to-house, and cost many lives. If every dead person comes back zombified, well… that means there’s trouble.

http://www.mathstat.uottawa.ca/~rsmith/Zombies.pdf

zombie-girl.jpg

i think it depends on the zombie, 28days later vs original dawn of the dead zombie. lots of .223 ammunition around the world.

I'd load me up one of these.....20mm HE rounds anyone? zombies go boom.

Things to have when zombies attack:
1. shot gun
2. Granade Launcher
3. REALLY BIG KNIFE
4. Stupid people to use as bait
5. Fire

"...would probably doom civilization as we known it."

Grammar fail... what a surprise considering a ridiculous article on an even more ridiculous report. It's like yellow press material.

[quote1251036370=HeatSurge]
"...would probably doom civilization as we known it."

Grammar fail... what a surprise considering a ridiculous article on an even more ridiculous report. It's like yellow press material.
[/quote1251036370]

"Known" is correct. "we" should be changed to "we've", though. He is speaking in the past tense.
We wont mention anything about your structure though ;)
IRONY
P.S. I graduated UofO, so I'm kinda defensive.

[quote1251070302=Soulzz]
Grammar police, oh yea!!! :D.
[/quote1251070302]
hahaha

jackhammer.jpg

Mk3A1 Jackhammer one of the world's first fully automatic 12 gauge shotguns. Patented in 1987, the weapon has undergone almost ten years of research, development, and refinement. Even today, it has yet to enter full production and very few have been fielded by the US Military. Constructed mostly of Rynite (an advanced plastic) to reduce weight, the Jackhammer is fed by a 10-shot, detachable cylinder called an "ammo cassette," which functions much like the cylinder in a six-shot revolver; it is hand- or factory-loaded, attached to the body of the weapon, and it rotates automatically during firing to align the next shell with the barrel. The Jackhammer's ammo cassette is compatible with standard, magnum, and steel slugs shells.

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh10-e.htm

I'd build me a underwater facility... silly zombies would never look there, and if anything... taht stupid guy I'd be sharing my facility with I'd eject his punk ass into the cold depths of the sea... I shall reign supreme, with my uber computer grill! :D

i'd only get rid of the captain, Quinn needs to run things while i am shaggin debbie

Well if you can build me one Lex, we are more then welcome to try... but I swear I saw that on a movie... ohh yea... where homie had a chainsaw in Dawn of the Dead and he fucked home girl up... You and your lightsaber can fight on the OTHER side of the battleground, lol

Back