Ryzen Build Incoming!

Looks good. Is your video card water cooled also? noob ?, I know. I want that taichi motherboard and 1700x also but been waiting for it to drop tho. Costa Rica vacation set back my plans for a new rig but its worth it. MOUNTAINS, surfing and Women galore down there! PURA VIDA!
Yeah the video card is water cooled and so is the cpu. Otherwise it's bright lights and pretty lol.

Edti: I got the mb on sale for $190 and a $10 mail in rebate from ASRock which I've submitted already.

Mine from a year ago.. wish I knew how to OC stuff :-(

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/10235078

Find out what a safe voltage for the temperature range you intend to operate in.
Increase clock speed, monitor temperature.
Load test it. Crash it.
Increase voltage. Load test it. Monitor temperature.
Keep doing it until you run out of safe voltage or can't maintain the cooling you need.
Bump the clock speed back a bit. Load test the ever living fuck out of it.
If the temps are acceptable and its not crashing you might move on to lowering the voltage and testing it some more until you find the lowest voltage that clock speed will run without crashing.

Thats sort of how I do it. Safest thing to do is just find the maximum speed you can run at stock voltage and then maybe go 100mhz down from that just to ensure its really stable. If you never touch the voltage and you keep the temps in a good range there is no real danger. You might not get a lot out of that. But my old i5 a 700mhz increase on stock voltage and a 1.2 ghz increase overall was worth it.

Find out what a safe voltage for the temperature range you intend to operate in.
Increase clock speed, monitor temperature.
Load test it. Crash it.
Increase voltage. Load test it. Monitor temperature.
Keep doing it until you run out of safe voltage or can't maintain the cooling you need.

Bump the clock speed back a bit. Load test the ever living fuck out of it.
If the temps are acceptable and its not crashing you might move on to lowering the voltage and testing it some more until you find the lowest voltage that clock speed will run without crashing.

Thats sort of how I do it. Safest thing to do is just find the maximum speed you can run at stock voltage and then maybe go 100mhz down from that just to ensure its really stable. If you never touch the voltage and you keep the temps in a good range there is no real danger. You might not get a lot out of that. But my old i5 a 700mhz increase on stock voltage and a 1.2 ghz increase overall was worth it.

Cooling's not a problem; at 4.0 benchmarking it never went over 40C and in BF1 it's running 44-45C :) It's just a matter of dialing in the voltage but so far it's the voltage on the memory that's giving me the most difficulty.

Edit: I know it wasn't directed at me but man is the cooling good on my rig :)

Cooling's not a problem; at 4.0 benchmarking it never went over 40C and in BF1 it's running 44-45C :) It's just a matter of dialing in the voltage but so far it's the voltage on the memory that's giving me the most difficulty.

Overclocking the memory? I haven't touched memory on an overclock since the Core 2 Duo days when we were bus clocking and the memory was going up with it. I know memory bandwidth is big in gaming performance at this point but I won't touch the stuff since I see no point in bus clocking increases.

Kind of; the memory is rated to run at 3200mhz and it's one of the XMP options. It's just with Ryzen early on getting the memory to run at it's rated speed was iffy. It's still not all the way ironed out but much better than before.

I like your build and I'm in the process of doing my own,seeing my oldest daughter wants my current PC..

I like your build and I'm in the process of doing my own,seeing my oldest daughter wants my current PC..
Nice! It's a good time to do it with the processor wars going on :) Post up some pics when you get it finished.

All good! My monitor is a 1080p.. my card doesnt heat up very much

All good! My monitor is a 1080p.. my card doesnt heat up very much
I wish! Mine was hitting 83C with the fan at 100%...albeit in a crappily ventilated room.
That's how I ended up on water :) Even with a 2k monitor now and the water cooling I don't ever see the video card above 33C.

I wish! Mine was hitting 83C with the fan at 100%...albeit in a crappily ventilated room.
That's how I ended up on water :) Even with a 2k monitor now and the water cooling I don't ever see the video card above 33C.

geez 83c is really hot!.. someone turned me on to the fan curve. I put it at 65%. BF4 i dont hit over 55c now

Back