Rust Server Update

same here. just logged in and there is nothing, even the researched items are gone....

edit: SOB OF A B**** that sucks. Not cool man, not cool.

Edit: Server has been restored to state as of 5PMish today (not sure what time zone, probably provider's), either the server provider decided to cunt shit up or someone else was wondering "wat daz dis battan do," more for members in the private section.

Feel free to log in and play, maybe I'll do daily manual backups just in case >.< ...

Last edited:
Update: Fixed up some shit with some error spam in logs, chat filter doesn't work probably because of the Oxide update yesterday, it probably won't until the plugin author updates it. Found a capitalization error in the loot lists, minor affects MP5 and M4 blueprint dropping - previously it ended up not being possible due to the cap error, they should drop (rarely) now. Bolt action BP doesn't exist in the game yet I think, only the gun with a research kit.

Admining update: All admining will be done through Oxmin from now on. Following CMD are available to people with all flag. You don't need to log in, the permissions are managed through the backend and it looks pretty secure with good identity checks:

Chat Commands
  • /kick "player name"
    Requires flag "cankick"
    Immediately kicks the target player
  • /ban "player name"
    Requires flag "canban"
    Immediately kicks and bans the target player permanently
  • /unban "player name"
    Requires flag "canban"
    Unbans the target player
  • /lua "code"
    Requires flag "canlua"
    Executes a line of Lua code
  • /god
    Requires flag "cangod"
    Gives the caller the "godmode" flag
  • /airdrop
    Requires flag "cancallairdrop"
    Calls an airdrop
  • /give "item name" "quantity"
    Gives the caller the specified item
  • /help
    Fills the caller's chat with help text (drawn from "SendHelpText" hook)
  • /who
    Displays the number of players currently online
  • /tp "player name"
    Requires flag "canteleport"
    Teleports the caller to the target player
As of today, Sid is the only one who has admin. If someone else wants it, PM me.

Note the plugin accepts partial names, but also note that they must be capitalized properly, i.e. /kick derp won't work for a player with a name herPdErPiO. However, /kick dErP should.

Need to test tomorrow, but pretty sure it works just fine.

The following CMD are available for the chat filter, but that plugin seems broken right now. The filter shows enabled but doesn't work, not sure if muting does either. Can't really do anything about it but wait for the author to update it or for Oxide to fix their shit if they broke something as of now. The permissions for these seem inherited from Oxmin above, so it acts as a nice extension to that (when it works):
  • /mute Name - This will add a player to the mute list.
  • /unmute Name - This will remove a player from the mute list.
  • /globalmute - Enables and disables the global mute.
  • /chatfilter - Enables and disables the chat filter.
  • /clearmutelist - Clears the entire mute list.

Last edited:
BTW Surge I appreciate the quick work you did to restore the server last night.

Np, I was just lucky, because someone (prob. provider) zipped the state of the server before wiping it for "maintenance..." Hopefully shouldn't happen again - until the next major map/gameplay update I guess :-S .

Hello matt,

Rust was updated today, resulting in mods such as Oxide being incompatible with the latest version. We will be updating the mods as they become available, but you should avoid updating your server until the mod developers have released the updates.

Regards
HFBServers

I'm on top of the compatibility issues, dw about posting about that. Also, I'm not using their installers to keep individual plugins up to date, most of their installers are outdated.

Home installed, there are several plugins which integrate with economy but we have no economy, so for now it's free. Does it break the game? Probably (you can magically escape from being shot). Let me know if there are other issues too...

Also, whenever a new version of Oxide comes up, it looks like the updater doesn't install it properly, so you have to uninstall and reinstall oxide and then everything mostly works unless plugins need updates... anyway all of this is pretty annoying but I fixed it for now.

All, nice to see the / commands working again. I played with the /sethomes and /homes command also and this will be interesting. We may want to extend it from 10secs to maybe 30 or even 60 if possible. At 10 secs it looks like it may become a PVP avoidance tool.

Last edited:
Well, it was nice while it lasted.....lol

New patch today so all the stuff you just fixed is broke again Heat.

Also noticed something weird on the non Oxide server. Logged in over there after the patch today and all my weapons, except for one, are broken. What a great start to gear conditions....all my shit broke. Lol

And it's even worse than I thought. Cant repair any of it (no repair bench) If i craft new weapons they all come out in bad condition. Add a weapon point attachment to the bad weapon and it becomes broken.

Also, many inventory items were missing in my pack....if I dragged something that was left in my bag to the now empty item slots....tada...the item that was there reappears. Same for my storage containers. WTF

Ahh....gotta love alpha's. Funny thing is I dont see any of this behavior on the Oxide server.

Last edited:
I think the home command should have at least a 30 second delay. The server I played on had that delay and I think it's long enough to avoid PVP escapes.

OK I'll increase the delay. Also need to update EVERYTHING because of the rust update today... so yeah I'm kinda doing it but also need to take a shower, it'll be done tonight though.

Back