Rust Server Update

HeatSurge

The Rust server has received somewhat of an "update."

Explosive Charge, Explosives, F1 Grenades are uncraftable/unresearchable/blueprints don't drop, but you can find them made in small quantities infrequently in weapons boxes, zombies, or supply drops. You are guaranteed some kind of explosive in every supply drop, whereas weapons boxes are more infrequent, and zombies even more infrequent.

The point is to limit large clans/groups' ability to manufacture massive amounts of C4 and then manufacture even more massive amounts of C4 with the materials they loot.

There are also some other updates to the server. I recommend that you do NOT use the rcon password, there's an admin tool that you can use to kick/ban/whatever which also accepts partial names. I'll need a volunteer to make sure kicking/banning works tomorrow, but I'm 90% certain it does. You can do everything you need to with the tool, so the rcon password shouldn't be needed at all and knowledge of it should actually be limited IMO...

Oh, you can also mute players from the text chat.

There is a ping kicker at 500ms, measurements start 30 sex after joining. Grass is forced on (for "fairness"), as well as something else which is a surprise :p . Crafting speed is 20%. Airdrops start happening at 10 people on the server.

What else... there are welcome(motd), rolling messages, a /help text, and /players list of people on the server.

Anyway, I think I'm more or less done with configuring for now. I will however need some help tweaking the drop tables, they're actually somewhat more complicated than I thought, but I think I've settled on a decent config, which will be refined over time... If someone is accumulating massive amounts of something or something doesn't look right, let me know asap.

The server is now called: -|TBG|- TBGclan.com | US Central | PvP, Sleep, Limit Explosives

If you need admin (and, obviously, if you should have admin ;-) ), send me a PM and I'll add you to the list, send you a short summary of available commands, and please don't use or even ask for the rcon password.

P.S. Generally, remember to not be fags to new players on the server - try not to raid people with your "early advantage" stuff until they've played for a while - or they'll disappear without coming back.

P.P.S. Please refrain from spawning ANYTHING on the server. Building a huge "base" shouldn't be necessary to enjoy the game - or if it is for you, ask for people's help or get your own resources. Personally, I will not be spawning any items, teleporting people, etc. etc., so I'm trusting others to not do so either.

Last edited:
Thanks heat. I'll check this out tomorrow at work. PM me with admin details if you like.

Sent via Tapatalk carrier pigeon

Hey guys. Just figured I would post in here that I bought RUST yesterday, and so far I like it. Navigation is a bit frustrating, and I've already lost my base once because I got so turned around, but it has forced me to be much more careful when venturing out. See you guys out there.

why did you guys force grass on? i hate playing with grass on as it makes finding loot from zombies hard when i kill them from a distance

Was it wiped or still the same ?

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

Not wiped, maybe will wipe at the next patch, idk... maybe not. Depends on what's in it really... and I'm not sure how fast Oxide will update the stuff for new updates, hope they're really quick.

I was not a fan if the grass myself but it's part of the game and looks better on.

Heat great job!!! Play's very well as is and I like the forced XXX.

Update came out today, and it wiped the buildings. No way to save them as they changed the map, so that's probably why... sux but I rebuilt my shit mostly by now over one evening.

It's an alpha and shit so expect this to keep happening, unfortunately. Seems to play nicely though, I'll need to update other things tonight -_- .

Edit: Updated Oxide, no configs were lost, luckily. Will play/test tomorrow but it should be back to old, added death messages for lulz at people dying from wolves (zpilot lol). It can be controlled by entity so we can test weapon/player notifications. I'd like them off personally because knowing who killed who is ghey, but animal deaths or suicide might be entertaining.

Edit2: /help info updated, speed now at 50% because it's way too fast around workbenches. If you're crafting lots of shit, use a workbench :) . Also figured out how to turn off the chat filter by default when the server has started, enjoy your cock and scrotums. See you tomorrow.

If someone wants admin, let me know in a PM so I can keep track, thanks.

Last edited:
i'd like admin maybe. and the wolves took advantage of a disconnected player. dam the nwt internet. also beware of killer rocks and logs

fix the ping limiter im always at a 95 120 ping on any of our servers and its kicking me 200 should be good

So WTF just happen to the server? I get up and come back and the server has been wiped. No warning to anyone playing. Just kicked and wiped.

Really....well I'm a little pissed.

"The most recent Rust update released by the developers have caused severe performance issues when using old saves. To correct this issue, we will need to wipe every server’s save data folder “myserverdata”. The Game Panel will go into maintenance mode at 6:40 EST. During the maintenance, all Rust services will be restarted. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."
Date - 02/07/2014 15:29

Last Updated - 02/07/2014 15:30

Really....well I'm a little pissed.

"The most recent Rust update released by the developers have caused severe performance issues when using old saves. To correct this issue, we will need to wipe every server’s save data folder “myserverdata”. The Game Panel will go into maintenance mode at 6:40 EST. During the maintenance, all Rust services will be restarted. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."
Date - 02/07/2014 15:29

Last Updated - 02/07/2014 15:30

This sucks. I've only been playing for three days, and the constant wipes are really discouraging. I'm half tempted to just go around on other servers and troll people until it becomes a little more stable. If anyone else is up for a troll party just let me know.

Well it was the other server that caused the problem. Our's didn't use old save data. Nor did we upload anything. So to wipe ever server was BS.

Back