RAID 0

balls2dawall

Honorary Member
I just set my first Vista computer up in RAID 0, and what a breeze. Just set up your BIOS and instal the OS. Vista comes with preloaded drivers so ..............no floppy disks. I didn't like Vista in the beginning, actually uninstalled it, but it does have some tools that are quite useful.

Been using Vista for around 6 months now in RAID 0. I love it :).

It also has a built in partition manger; no 3rd party software no more. One problem, I have is that my video will drop out when BF starts; sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

I still find no reason to upgrade to Vista whatsoever.

With windows 7 on the horizon, I might skip the shit altogether...

The last time I remembered the same company that made Vista is making windows 7; you might be waiting awhile. On another note, I unistalled Vista before SP1. SP1 has been very stable, plus I can max out on DX10.1 and shader 4.0; something that XP cannot do.

I'm with you there. I hated Vista before the SP1. Now the os is running good. My only complaint still is the security features are still annoying. I am still having a hard time to run network with my laptop that's XP.

Dx 10.1 and SM4... yawn.

No games (except perhaps Assassin's Creed) really use Dx 10.1 and SM4.

Also, I find that Dx10 gives little to no visual benefit, and in fact has a performance hit (usually for no reason)... except Far Cry 2 perhaps.

Meh... Vista SP1 isn't bad (i actually have a dual-boot on my laptop) but it's just slower, for no reason at all imo.

Back