Punkbuster Issues-

Vengeance0058

Today I was playing as normal, and I started getting kicked out of all servers, even our own, for:

Punkbuster B.exe- Heartbeat Stopped.

It worked fine yesterday, I've never had this issue, and I have no issues with BF2, indeed, PB isn't set up with BF2 cause I got it through steam.

I've tried reinstalling PB, updating PB, nothing works. I will probably have to make a ticket, but I was hoping someone here could help first.

PLEASE HELP!!! )=

usually the heartbeat is from connection lag; if you are having up & down issues with your connection speed you will get this.

usually the heartbeat is from connection lag; if you are having up & down issues with your connection speed you will get this.

Unlike Mac, I don't have kids watching online Anime while I'm playing. lol

But, I find that odd, they few times I got on a server, my connection was A-OK, ping normal, not having issues with anything else )=

Unless its purely punkbuster....stupid program.

Is this just something I have to wait and see if it fixes itself?

heartbeat stopped I just rejoin the server and doesn't happen again.

If you are still have issues maybe you can manually update your PB from evenbalance website

I had that exact same problem with 2142 when I used to play it. I believe the problem was related to lost packets or something of that nature. Have you tried tried running pbsvc to see if there is a problem?

Thats what I meant by re-installing. Ran it (pbsvc) twice, said tests completed without error.
Took BF2142 off the list, added it, updated, nothing.

I've probably been kicked from about 7 servers, normally after 30 seconds. I played 2 rounds of TBG Suez, after being kicked twice from that. Now nothing works.

I'm opening a ticket, but that will take a few days of course )=

I would run the pbsetup and add all your games to pb manually. I have had to do that to get it to update at times. I am also sure the anime they were watching was Hentai.

That should fix it! I confused the two. Manually updating with pbsetup will fix the problem. LULZ at Mac's reply!

I went back and re-added the game manually. Then clicked update. Like the last time I did that, it informed me no updates were needed.

I'll go try to rejoin a server now, see if anything has changed.

Have you tried re-starting your computer after re-installing PB? That was my problem once.... xD

Restarting fixes everything sometimes :).

It was working. Until memory error, which completely crashed my entire computer, erased my Ventrilo info and did god knows what else.

The sooner I get that computer built, the better.

Back