problem linksys-g and windows 7

crazydog28

hi guys i just got the new windows 7 and i try to connect to my linksys router and for some reason it won't connect, everytime i try it just says LIMITED CONNECTIVITY and i just don't know if the problem is with the router or windows 7, before was working just fine with XP and i just move and now a new provider so i really have no idea, if anybody can help me i really appreciated.

Did you just buy this router?

Are you connected through a wireless or wired connection?

Amazon's right, reset the router. You'll have to go back and set it up the way you want again after that, but resetting it should allow you to connect.

http://www.dslreports.com/

Go there and search for the router and ISP you have and somewhere in there they will have step by step instructions for your set up. Takes a little digging, but you may find some good tips too.

Out oF curiousity have you tried to right click your network connection icon (lower right) and select diagnose and repair? If not give that a try and let us know what it finds.

i have wireless conection and i gonna try to reset, everything was fine till install the windows 7 , i'll let you all know later tonight. thanks

I know a lot of wireless cards will not support WPA2 with the pre-packaged drivers that come with Vista and Win7. You usually need to use the manufacturers connection software and not Windows wireless. It's actually quite fucking annoying. Worst case scenario just disable all security and see if you can connect.

One thing I would suggest is to right-click on the linksys icon in the taskbar on the bottom-right of your screen and select "let windows manage my wifi" or whatever option they have. Linksys's wireless utility has always been buggy. I have to do this on one of my machines from time to time. Good luck!

If you have a wireless card in your PC, make sure the wireless driver is working before fucking with the router. There are some shit drivers for wireless cards out there...

ok i reset the router and still nothing and now i can't find the installation cd so i don't know what to do

Back