[poll] your rig

That thing is beastly man. Good work! :).

The water cooling setup is something I was able to work some trades out with a friend for, so I kind of fell into it and decided to make use of it. 4GHz was pushing the boundaries of where I was comfortable using the Intel extreme heatsink that ships with the i7 EE parts. I have it @ 4GHZ right now because that is where I know it will be stable without any issues. I have gotten the system to post @ 4.6GHz, and fairly stable @ 4.26GHz. With a better air cooler I could probably hit those speeds and be fine, but since I got the gear to go liquid for next to nothing I saw no reason not to use it.

The link you posted redirects me to the following http://tbgclan.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum.php

Yeah I don't know whats up with the link. When I click it takes me to the correct page. Regardless, still a very nice setup and thank you for satisfying my curiosity.

Yeah, that is nice. I keep thinking about doing some watercooling; for the chipset and videocard, but I just haven't been able to make the plunge yet. I guess it's because I change my setup so much it seems like a waste to buy the waterblocks for them. The Megahalems cooler I have now at 3.8ghz keeps it at 25C idle and 43c under load so I don't see a need for watercooling there, but the chipset could definitely use it for sure. Anyway, thanks for posting your setup. That looks like a great build.

IMHO if you change your setup frequently you do NOT want to run watercooling, it is a foul pain in the ass to drain the loop(s) out every couple months to make a change.

I've had my watercooling up since January, and have had it apart probably 4-5 times since for config changes.

If you dont mind me asking what are the ambient temps in the area your computer is in? 25C idle off an air cooler is phenominal, especially with that type of an overclock going.

I've got the CPU at 3.66Ghz 20X183 1.28v. The ambient temp in Atlanta here in the Summer in my house is usually 25-26C. Mind you, that's with a push-pull combo on fans and Gelid GC-2 paste. I was surprised by the temps myself and have used Speedfan, the bios, and an EVGA tool, E-leet to confirm the temps and they all say the same thing. This same cpu used to run at 41-42C idle and 63C under load at 3.4Ghz. with the Scythe Mungen2 cooler. The Megahalems was well worth the purchase price for me, that's for sure.
Oh, almost forgot, the case is the Coolermaster HAF-932-great airflow.

Is that your piss tube so you don't have to leave your PC during a game-a-thon? Awesome :p

[quote1249582809=WcoCaboose]
Pics:
DSCN0222.JPG

[/quote1249582809]

LMAO I like the ducted air inlet...

I thought about doing that... and someone also posted one on the Guru 3D forums. Funny shit. It only works during winter though. In summer it's kinda counterproductive, if you have AC in the house that is.

[blockquote]Is that your piss tube so you don't have to leave your PC during a game-a-thon?[/blockquote]

That ain't right! Funny, but not right at all.

Amazon...WTF? It looks like your PC got jacked downtown and all you have left is the frame, no wheels, no tires, no bumpers. I half expected to see mice running on a wheel when you took the side cover off lolz

Of course, I'm just fucking with you, but seriously, what's with the side door not being on properly? Is that for ventilation?

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0293547

Yea it got hot as hell. I put the fans on wrong so it wouldn't close with the new HSF, gotta reverse the two fans.

[quote1249657453=amazon3d]
Is that your piss tube so you don't have to leave your PC during a game-a-thon? Awesome :p

[quote1249582809=WcoCaboose]
Pics:
DSCN0222.JPG

[/quote1249582809]

[/quote1249657453]

That is the T-line that I use to fill the system with coolant, this build has no resovoir, so the T-line is essentially the res.

A pee cooled pc, that would be a new one indeed; probably fairly nasty after a short while too.....

Yeah, can you imagine the smell of old piss cooking on that cpu? What would be even funnier is if some dumbfuck drank antifreeze and used his piss for that so it would have additional cooling properties. LMAO 075

Sounds like thats a micro code issue with the evga bios, a future bios update should fix that.

BIOS is up to date. Its the internal LOW clock setting of the CPU is set to 25X and will not let the CPU get clocked to anything under it.
Its the Extreme Edition of the CPU and I can overclock it but when I set it to 24x and
I get into the OS it says its clocked at 25x not 24x.

I water cooled my X58 board a few weeks ago and I finally found the time to get some pics. The North, South, and both voltage regulators are water cooled. I have a two fan rad on the top and single on the bottom. The pump and res are in one bay. A new pump is my next thing to add with over 13ft of tubing the one I have is just boarderline. Also, I thought about adding a piss tube, but I didn't have enough room; I'll just have to convert my computer chair into a shitter.

water3y.jpg

water2g.jpg

water1s.jpg

Back