[poll] Kill the no Fighting commander rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

zabotage

The no fighting commander rule, is the vaguest rule ever. And it gets enforced differently by different admins, all depending on if they had a bad day or not.

Ever notice how there are hardly commanders on your servers? Why have a military game if someone can't fight?! If a general is attacked in a real war, he can't defend himself?! This rule needs to go, because it is lame to play without a commander.

I don't care to command, but I will if no one else is to help my team with the command specials, because I like to win. You would not have a war without a commander, why put such restrictions on a player that he basically can't play the game?! There are many people, like myself, who can command the team and fight here and there, with no problems.

This is a lame rule and needs to be changed asap to make your servers more fun to play on.

If you all got a problem with commanders you don't like, bring back the mutiny kick vote!

TBG is like the best 2142 servers out there, why do we have to have these 'training-wheel' rules?! A2E is fine with fighting commanders, so are all the others, it is just TBG where you can't do squat as commander, and is the reason why no one commands on your servers.

The commander is needed for a team, and making it so people don't command on your servers take away from the game itself.

Vote how you feel about this, and give some info why you feel the way you do, lets discuss this....

The rule is very clear, if we find a commander fighting or flying they get warned or kicked, if it goes on a lot with the same guy we ban him. The rule could not be more clearly written.

a good commander who is doing his job properly can bring one of the worst teams to victory.

I have occasionaly commanded, but know that I need some pointers in this area. I will do so if nobody else does and I think that I can be beneficial to our team. When I am in a titan game, I stay in the area of the hangar deck or behind the core. I will admit that I have sometimes fought as commander, if I am alone on the titan and it is getting assaulted and nobody else can get there in time (usually with smaller number of players). I would like to hear some of the in/outs of being a successful commander, although I have won games as commander.

The rule is clear. No fighting/flying commander means you can fight on the titan, which is where you are suppose to be. I think it's pretty clear.

sounds clear to me and it a normal rule on a lot of servers. if he is too bussy doing something else he is not helping his team.

The commander's job is to command, not to fight on the field. If you die, that's 15 seconds without using assets or giving commands. The poll is useless. The rule stays.

[quote1246163226=zabotage]

Ever notice how there are hardly commanders on your servers? Why have a military game if someone can't fight?! If a general is attacked in a real war, he can't defend himself?! This rule needs to go, because it is lame to play without a commander.

Not true. Just about every time I play on TBG servers there is a commander. Rarely is there not a commander.

I don't care to command, but I will if no one else is to help my team with the command specials, because I like to win. You would not have a war without a commander, why put such restrictions on a player that he basically can't play the game?! There are many people, like myself, who can command the team and fight here and there, with no problems.

Also not true. I have had the great experience of your commanding skills a couple of times now. You refused a supply drop not once, but 5 times. Ignored UAV requests numerous times and who knows what else.

This is a lame rule and needs to be changed asap to make your servers more fun to play on.

Servers are fine the way they are.[

If you all got a problem with commanders you don't like, bring back the mutiny kick vote!

Very rarely works.

TBG is like the best 2142 servers out there, why do we have to have these 'training-wheel' rules?! A2E is fine with fighting commanders, so are all the others, it is just TBG where you can't do squat as commander, and is the reason why no one commands on your servers.

I agree TBG does have the best servers out there.

A2E is fine with fighting commanders

If you want to be a flying Commander go play at A2E

The commander is needed for a team, and making it so people don't command on your servers take away from the game itself.

Commanders need to command and stay out of the vehicles.

Vote how you feel about this, and give some info why you feel the way you do, lets discuss this....

Voted: No thanks on a discussion. I have all ready seen how you Command and fight at the same time. You are terrible at it, as most, if not all people are.

[/quote1246163226]

everytime the commander dies the troops loose support for 30 seconds. after a few deaths that adds up. if you can command and fly, my hats off to you. you are a much better pilot than me.

Agreed-the commander's job is to command and relay information. If he's engaged in other activities or is dead he is of no use to his troops since he is then ignoring and not doing his job.

imagine what a commander would do. Help his teammates out by commanding. Since you are in your titan and you are the commander, thats your titan. And if necessary, defend it if you must ;)

New poll: Is it ok for some random guy to put a poll up in our forums bitching at us about one of our intelligent rules?

rofl
no harm done, gives us all a chance to express ourselves and let some of our anger out lol

[quote1246316447=zabotage]

[/quote1246316447]

Commanders are usually not in the middle of the fight, because they are evaluating the intelligence that is forwarded to them by squad leaders.

Must be Canadian! (j/k)

Uh the reason why I usually suck ass is because when I say repeatedly, "We need a supply drop here" or "UAV here" the fighting commanders never do it and my squad and I usually cant take silos or something. So, I think the rule should stay.

I see fighting commanders the same way I see wourthless medics. If you are a commander, than cammand, if you are a medic than REVIVE!

What Space -You don't like lying dead on the back of the enemy titan deck and seeing 10 medics and the commander jump over you into the door?LOL

Ok I am going to exume, re beat and burry this dead horse:

Any level Commanding Officer in a combat engagement is the guy who controls the way the battle will be faught, what he wants his SQD leaders to do, and ultimately is the Authority and LIABLE PARTY FOR MISSION SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you:

Fail to communicate
Fail to employ necessary assets for given situations
Fail Support your key leaders and soldiers
Fail to keep security of your assets
Die

you have failed the mission, your team, and your career.

this isn't the Iliad, where generals ride into battle on the spear head of the attack,

park your as at the TITAN TOC, and do your fucking job.

Horse re-beaten, cremated, buried, booby trapped and Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back