Please watch my award winning short film - TO SAVE ONE'S SELF

matthewc

Hey fellow TBG members, I've talked about my film projects briefly in the past before but haven't shown anything I've done. I've decided to give you folks the first access to my short film I shot early last year here in Vancouver, BC. It did the festival circuit and won an award from the CANADA INTERNATION FILM FESTIVAL. I would love for you folks to sit back, crack a beer and give it a shot. Please, share the link, post on Facebook, I could use any exposure as it is going live and public for the first time today.

I have a couple exciting projects in the works and I can't wait to share them with you. For now, please enjoy.
Feel free to ask me any questions or critique the film. It is not a perfect film, as it was my first, but I learnt a lot and would love to share more about it with you. I work in the film industry here in Vancouver, BC and am lucky to have a job that allows me to fund these projects, hoping for a big break one day.

"The comforts of home are sacred, sweet and beloved. Mark had all of that... a beautiful wife, an angelic daughter, a purpose. His role was simple: To provide and protect. There was just one problem. Mark never learned how to stand up for himself. He lacked self-confidence and avoided confrontation for his entire life. For the most part, his fears went unnoticed and he was able to cloak his nervousness, until the day that everything around him changed. Mark finds himself in the middle of a very dark and terrifying predicament and is left with only one choice. He can stand up and fight, or lay down and die."

An award winning short film by director Matthew Campbell.
Shot in Vancouver BC with lots of local talent and professional industry crew such as the Director of Photography, Peter Wilke (2012, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, A-Team). It won a CANADA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL Royal Reel Award, and was an Official Selection for New Orleans Horror Film Festival, Midnight Black Festival of Darkness and London Best Shorts. Shot on the Panavision Genesis camera, the film oozes production value and ends with a very satisfying finale.

PLEASE WATCH IN 720P, FULLSCREEN!

[video=youtube;q3oYQBivk1o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3oYQBivk1o[/video]​

Wow Matthew, this is extremely well done. I liked everything about it. Great story, I loved the suspense, the mystery, the music. You're a very talented story teller, keep up the great work.

Nice man! You got some talent there! I'm Local So If you need Some help with your next project. I'd love to volunteer my help in anyway I could!
My company works on pretty much all the film industry trucks. I've been to every Studio in the lower mainland fixing support trucks.
It would be fun to see the production side of things instead of transport LOL!

Good shit. I know it's probably not appropriate but I laughed my ass off where he finally found his nerve to do violence, against a 12 year old girl...for some reason that made me seriously laugh. The original score is really fucking good, fits the film perfectly. The lead did a great job, all around really solid stuff thanks for sharing!

Well I don't want that guy in my zombie survival bunker.

Good flick! *smile*

Just one question: Does the ending work for politics too? When faced with a major fight over your countries debt should you just go over to the other side and let them bite you on the neck and transform you?

o_O

I love the philosophical conundrums! Keep em coming.

Nice man! You got some talent there! I'm Local So If you need Some help with your next project. I'd love to volunteer my help in anyway I could!
My company works on pretty much all the film industry trucks. I've been to every Studio in the lower mainland fixing support trucks.
It would be fun to see the production side of things instead of transport LOL!
I'm filming Nov 2, 3, and 4. An action packed trailer for a feature script. What would you like to do? We can always use another teamster, but I'm sure we could slide you in anywhere! Where abouts are you bro? I'm in North Van!

Good shit. I know it's probably not appropriate but I laughed my ass off where he finally found his nerve to do violence, against a 12 year old girl...for some reason that made me seriously laugh. The original score is really fucking good, fits the film perfectly. The lead did a great job, all around really solid stuff thanks for sharing!
Woah, woah woah there. A 32 year old short Asian woman is not a 12 year old girl. :p
Thanks for the positive comments. I can't wait to show you guys the project I'm filming next weekend, Nov 2, 3, 4. Car stunts, gunfire, gonna be awesome!

"To Save One's Self" - 2012 AWARD WINNING CANADIAN SHORT FILM : videos

not my account - got friend to post it

but it might get deleted :
[h=3]Please no posting of personal info such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.[/h]

Right on, thanks Cotton! Much appreciated. Getting the word out now and sharing the link for the Reddit page. :)

Nice to see something more than 2 gay cowboys eating pudding.

I'm filming Nov 2, 3, and 4. An action packed trailer for a feature script. What would you like to do? We can always use another teamster, but I'm sure we could slide you in anywhere! Where abouts are you bro? I'm in North Van!

Lol I'm not a Teamster. I work for a company called Dieseltech. We fix and maintain all the Vancouver Mobile and 81 Transport fleet. Plus a whole slew of smaller owner operated stuff, from the craft services to water haulers. I live out in PoCo. It would be cool to just come and check out your production and lend a hand where ever it's needed. If anything mechanical happens to go sideways I can handle that for sure.
when I'm not in game people call me Aaron!
Cheers!

I'm a Teamster, member of local 991. I've also was an extra in The Lake House. I really didn't like it for a whole days shoot was 25 bucks. I also have my degree as a broadcast technician.

Back