*PLEASE READ* New rule for our Battlefield 4 servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
As this new rule continues to be implemented, I'm sure more questions will arise. This one is concerning players who use vehicles right on the edge of uncap and run back when they start to take damage. The player in this clip was 100% camping in uncap at first, as far back as he could go just to shoot actives at jets. After several warnings, he finally shifted to the behavior showed in this clip. This behavior is fairly common with artillery trucks, attack helos, boats, even jets. How does this type of behavior fair with the new rule?

As this new rule continues to be implemented, I'm sure more questions will arise. This one is concerning players who use vehicles right on the edge of uncap and run back when they start to take damage. The player in this clip was 100% camping in uncap at first, as far back as he could go just to shoot actives at jets. After several warnings, he finally shifted to the behavior showed in this clip. This behavior is fairly common with artillery trucks, attack helos, boats, even jets. How does this type of behavior fair with the new rule?

You can't run back to uncap for protection. Once you come out and engage you're fair game.

What statistic said is correct, that’s always been a thing. You can finish attacking even if they are gone to the their uncap area.

Yes, I know it is legal to pursue them, my question is whether or not they are allowed to run back into uncap like that and camp, which seems like it might be against the new rule not to camp in uncap

If they came into the battlefield initially to engage then camp in the uncap thinking that will save them, they are wrong. You are allowed to attack them.

Yes, my question is not whether he is protected or whether I can attack - my question is whether that player was breaking the new rule not to camp in uncap.
If I had submitted that clip in the "Players to Watch Out For" thread, what would have been the result?
Sorry, I'm just trying to understand the borderline cases of the new rule.

Yes, my question is not whether he is protected or whether I can attack - my question is whether that player was breaking the new rule not to camp in uncap.
If I had submitted that clip in the "Players to Watch Out For" thread, what would have been the result?

The answer is no, they can't stay in upcap and attack. If they come out and run back then start camping they are breaking the new rule. It's pretty natural to run back to uncap as a safety net, but that's never kept you safe even before the new rule.

You mean the players own uncap? No he isn’t breaking any rules in that case but you can engage. Sorry if I’m still not understanding the question.

Ok, I think I understand. Players are still allowed to retreat back to uncap (and then they can be pursued and attacked in uncap just like always), but with this new rule they are not allowed to keep attacking once they are inside uncap. Thanks for the clarification. I'm not trying to make things more complicated I just wanted to better understand the rule.

See you on the Battlefield!

-vb

P.S. if I'm still getting it wrong lemme know..

No problem, and yes if the person is exploiting the rule then the player would be in the wrong. It’s a very unique example and usually a long enough video clip will be required. But all pointless if you can get him :)

Stout choice/decision if you ask me, definitely been an issue for a VERY long time lol. Granted I never complained. I died with honor @ spawn. Hahaha.

Hello.
Sorry if I intervene but I was looking for information about it but what I read confused me even more.
From the rules you read in the game chat ([TBG] 60HZ | INFANTRY ONLY + DLC) it seems that no type of shooting from/in uncap is possible, not just SUAVs, MAVs, UCAVs, Mortars, PLDs, & and SOFLAMs.
In this post I read different answers.
Have the rules changed?
Not for anything else, but several times I find people who keep shooting inside a uncap, even right in the spawn points. Lately I have died a few times just as soon as I was born, but the annoying thing is when you complain about the rules and whoever shot you insults you as if you were a whiner ... or worse (just happened today) that they accuse you of camping in uncap and sniping enemies, when instead you were just born as a support and with a submachine gun. Or that you were hiding in a uncap... maybe it is a fault to try to "avoid the hits" of the enemies just born in a uncap? What did they want me to do? Give him an easy kill? Obviously, if I get shot at as soon as I am born in a uncap, the first thing I do is try to hide to protect myself ...
I always talk about rifles and hand machine guns, not mortars, UCAVs, etc.
Is this legal?
Am I the one who misunderstood the rules?
What should I do if as soon as I was born in uncap I am shot at the spawn in the red zone again?
It also depends on the map and map, in some it is pigeon shooting, others you can hide and return fire ... but to suffer spawn-killing and also having to go through what is wrong just because you were born in uncap in red zone is particularly annoying.
Thanks for any explanation.
Sorry my poor English but I have to use Google and please if you can explain it simply that Google can translate it decently.

Last edited:
Ok, so, if I understand correctly, you can't shoot inside a uncap red-zone with any kind of weapon, nor does it shoot from an uncap red-zone with any kind of weapon, except to return the received fire.
Quite right ?
If this is correct, in the event that a player spawns in an uncap red-zone and is shot and killed, what should he do besides try to protect himself and return fire?
Is a screenshot enough to denounce the breakers or is a video better (if you can do it)?
Thanks for the replies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back