*PLEASE READ* New rule for our Battlefield 4 servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish

Retired Founder
Retired Founder
Greetings!

I hope everyone has been healthy and staying safe!

We have a new rule change to our Battlefield servers effective immediately.

We have decided that there will no longer be any shooting out of or camping out of the uncap. This has been a highly debated issue with us for a long while. Please know that this decision was not easy for us as it has been a longstanding rule that it was ok to fire from the uncaps. Firing out has become a blurred line for all of our players. We often as members/admins take a lot of time out of our gameplay to address these issues. Having this new rule will alleviate many of them and allow for a more even playing field and not have mass confusion on the uncap rules, identifying who is shooting out and who isn’t, so on and so forth.

This rule will not apply to our 24/7 Lockers and 24/7 Metro server.

To TBG Members (Admins)

Please follow the standard format of Warn, Kill, Kick and Ban when dealing with this new rule (As it should be with everything else.) Please be lenient and patient as our guets will be adjusting to this new rule over the next few weeks.

To our guests

Please be sure to follow all of our rules we have set on our servers and listen to our Members/Admins when asked to follow the rules.

Thank you very much for your time!

~Irish

I would love to get some clarification on this.
- So in terms of firing out of the spawn, does setting mortar outside the spawn area then run back to spawn and use the remote in the base allowed?
- I see that you have the exception on locker and metro server. I believe all maps server have those maps in the pool. Is this rule applied to those maps in all map server?
This might be worth mentioning in the server rules text in game imo.

my impression based on the text is that if it's a direct kill (you do something that result in you getting a kill), it has to be done in the play area. It's just my speculation and what I feel is the right thing to do. Perhaps with an exception of mav and suav cuz u can kill someone with them but its not really the main point of the gadget.

This. What if there is an all-cap? Also will soflam-ing from spawn be allowed?

I wouldn't worry too much about the all cap situation. Its next to impossible to manage multiple individuals firing from the uncap in those situations.

This new rule is mainly to lessen the overuse of mortars and ucavs from uncaps so I wouldn't worry too much about the other things if you are capped out.

WOW, didnt see that coming. I know im not....loved here, but that is a great move fast. im banned and cant play but this is a positive step forward imo. respect!

Wish the circumstances were different for you. But I appreciate that. Cheers

yeah its all good. while i didnt mean to break the rules, they were broken, so it is what it is

Does this rule change mean that the built-in machine guns in/near spawn that look over points A and E in Propaganda Conquest Large cannot be used?

Does this rule change mean that the built-in machine guns in/near spawn that look over points A and E in Propaganda Conquest Large cannot be used?

I wouldn’t worry about that. This rule is mainly for ucavs and mortars.

To tie up a lot of these questions, the general phrasing of the rule is "Any action that can impact the round being played."

So SUAVs, MAVs, UCAVs, Mortars, PLDs, & and SOFLAMs would all fall under the rule.

It's a good idea, but will require active adming so good luck.

Screenshot, quick simple video clips and reporting the player would be enough in case we aren’t present in that server. We don’t have to be in game to take action :)

The uncap is your main base. The base you start from when a new map begins.

To be very detailed for those who will try to exploit the areas, can you tell them that "line" in which the opposing team cannot enter or cross without them going red, is the "Line" you cannot fire anything behind. Your Spawn is the other team's Red Zone that they cannot cross.
I just see people playing dumb here and possibly exploiting the rule.

All in all, not too many actually do this except the current UCAVErs and Mortars, so it shouldn't be too hard to police as the word will spread quickly. Is there a way to add a flash msg at the start of every game? At least for a few weeks. I think this would help notify peeps.

Rem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back