PLEASE enforce an obvious rule. Ban some people!

Colonel Christmas

Hi TBG people. I am Puget_Ace, #1 ranked player on your BF4 server that plays BF3 maps, Caspian, Firestorm and Oman. Thank you for providing the server, obviously I have had a lot of fun playing on it.

It's against the rules to shoot into an uncap, right? The penalty for that is a possible ban. May I suggest that it also be against the rules to sit in an uncap and snipe people? If you can't shoot into an uncap, you shouldn't be able to sit in one and shoot out. What could be more pathetic and cowardly than hiding in an uncap shooting people who cannot get to you, and cannot shoot you because it's against the rules?

I was just on Oman a few minutes ago, and there were at least 5 people on the carrier sniping. It's obviously wrong, and it really messes up the game. It's one thing to be a sniper and ignore the objectives, but to not even go onto the playing surface and snipe is pathetic. PLEASE BAN people who do that.

Thanks for reading

Hi Ace. Glad to hear you enjoy our server and nice on your rank.

You are right. One of our rules is to not attack people in uncap. However, if someone is being a coward and shooting you from the uncap, they become free game for you to retaliate against. Feel free to give them a couple of bullets with their name on them.

The uncap rule is to prevent people from spawning right into the game at spawn and then dying. People trying to abuse that rule and shoot out of the uncap, lose the protection of that rule and become free game.

Thanks for your reply. It's good to know I won't get banned for killing someone sniping from an uncap. I have done that before, but it's not easy, since they are in the uncap and I almost never play sniper.

It's really getting out of hand. 5 idiots on the carrier today! Anyway, you have made your ruling so I will abide by it.

One more suggestion I have is to ban people for saying fag or faggot. That seems to be everyone's favorite word. The servers might be nearly empty if you banned for those words, so I can see why you don't. But I think sexual orientation is similar to race.

I am glad you ban for racial slurs, and do not accept the idea that the "n" word now means "my pal" as it seems to to a lot of young people today. It's good you aren't going along with that stupid concept.

Expect to hear complaints about me attacking uncaps, since I am going to make it my mission to kill people who snipe from uncaps, and there are a lot of them. I might have to switch to sniper to do that, but somebody has to create consequences for those cowards.

Yea, fag and faggot have become way too mainstream usage as a generic insult instead of the offensive term it really is. I try to just ignore that particular one myself. But as you said, it would probably empty out most of the servers if we did ban it.

I myself have attacked people who just snipe from uncaps. If your attacking me then your gonna have bullets flying back your way too.

As for people complaining, let them. Or if an admin is online feel free to get one of us through teamspeak or the site and we will take care of it. Just make sure you dont kill people spawning at uncap and are only killing those who are attacking out from it.

I am playing some PS3 at the moment, but if you need an admin right away. I can get on relatively quickly.

The uncap rule is also intended to prevent the enemy from stealing dedicated friendly assets, so the enemy can't fly a jet into your base, bail out and then steal your jet essentially giving the enemy team a 3-1 jet advantage.

The uncap rule is also intended to prevent the enemy from stealing dedicated friendly assets, so the enemy can't fly a jet into your base, bail out and then steal your jet essentially giving the enemy team a 3-1 jet advantage.

I didnt even know that was possible. I cant even see how people can see well enough in the opposing uncap to do something like that.

You can fly into an uncap with no visibility restriction, the air boundaries are much larger than the ground boundaries.

You can fly into an uncap with no visibility restriction, the air boundaries are much larger than the ground boundaries.
Well I knew air boundaries are bigger. But I thought once you left the airplane you were back in ground boundaries.... ive screwed myself over many a time before when accidently ejecting

If you can get into a plane within ten seconds, air boundaries count again. It's not hard if you practice a couple of times. But it is very, very irritating.

You have to bail at just the right time, since the timer starts once you bail

You are back in ground boundaries once you eject. So to steal a plane you would have to bail at just the right moment so you "land" on the enemy aircraft and hit E before the out of bounds timer kills you.

I still don't entirely get why it's against the rules to shoot into the uncap, when it's not against the rules to shoot out of it. What if the situation were reversed? It's easier to kill someone outside the uncap than in it, that is why they hide in the uncap, because it makes them harder to kill. When someone is shooting out of the uncap the answer is "so just kill them" and when someone is shooting into the uncap, the answer is "that is against the rules, you are banned" (except when you are shooting someone who is shooting from the uncap).

Of course we can't let people shoot into the uncap (except when they are killing someone shooting out of it) because that leads to people getting killed as soon as they spawn. But shooting out of the uncap is equally wrong, right? Yes it is. So why do we deal with someone shooting out of the uncap by saying "it's not against the rules, just kill them" when it's much much harder to kill someone hiding in the uncap?

I don't see why something that everyone agrees is wrong cannot be against the rules. Maybe you guys just don't want to add an extra rule. But consider that you are allowing people to shoot out of the uncap, when there is no good reason for allowing it. It gives the cowardly player a clear advantage. Nobody should be shot by a player that it is impossible to get close to. That should be against the rules.
I am out there on the map where I could get stabbed at any moment. The guy shooting out of the uncap is safe from all but airborne or long range weapons. And yet that's ok somehow.

If you want to kill someone, you need to be out there on the map where you have the same chance of getting killed, or stabbed too. It's easier to kill from the uncap than to kill the guy in it. It's an unfair advantage. So make it against the rules to shoot from the uncap.

I know, I know... I should just get my own server. But you guys seem smart so I am trying to appeal to your sense of logical consistency.

BF veteran since BF 42. I still miss dive bombing on Wake with the Val.

Flares, in BF4 for instance, light up the path enough that you can see, slightly hindered, but well enough that I can out gun people in say the reach-around in Metro.

I think that getting killed when spawning on your squad is far worse of a fate, then getting killed from the uncaps. That is what really gets me riled up...

I still don't entirely get why it's against the rules to shoot into the uncap, when it's not against the rules to shoot out of it. What if the situation were reversed? It's easier to kill someone outside the uncap than in it, that is why they hide in the uncap, because it makes them harder to kill. When someone is shooting out of the uncap the answer is "so just kill them" and when someone is shooting into the uncap, the answer is "that is against the rules, you are banned" (except when you are shooting someone who is shooting from the uncap).

When you attack the uncap over and over again, people rage quit which kills the server and none of us want this. So we rather enforce attacking uncap over people shooting from inside the cap to outside. I get your point but we look at the bigger picture. We give you the option to shoot back into the uncap if fired upon.

Ace, great to see you come by and say hello.

Thanks for the awesome feedback!

anytime you have snipes on that carrier, please feel free to readjust their attitude with a 30mm gun run :).

See you server side! :D

Back