PC Gamer - Battlefield 3 Review

Soldier4Real

Battlefield 3 PC review

While this isn't my favorite game, it's beginning to grow on me, I thought it still deserves better than an 80. I guess since I haven't experienced all of the connections issues and things the writer did I have a bit of a different perspective.

I don't trust most review sites, including PC Gamer. That said, I agree with Balls; about a 90.

I actually do put a lot of faith in PC Gamer because they are usually spot on in their reviews. If they give a game an 85 or better, which they hardly do, it's almost always a very good game. That being said I do think BF3 is much better than an 80.

definitely beats that garbage BC2. I can actually play more than a couple rounds since 2142.

I actually do put a lot of faith in PC Gamer because they are usually spot on in their reviews. If they give a game an 85 or better, which they hardly do, it's almost always a very good game. That being said I do think BF3 is much better than an 80.
Was it PC Gamer that gave RO2:HOS a 90 or something? Witcher a 88? They have biases just like any other review site. The difference is they aren't as big.

As the game came out on launch day.. an 80 is fine... with the connection issues and the obvious need for patchwork I can understand his scoring. It's still a lot better than any other game in the genre based on graphics and gameplay though. EA/DICE should've spent more time on getting ready the multiplayer, which is the core of the Battlefield series, then released the single player and co-op modes as additional downloadable content later.

Was it PC Gamer that gave RO2:HOS a 90 or something? Witcher a 88? They have biases just like any other review site. The difference is they aren't as big.

They never reviewed RO2 though they've been very supportive of it. Kind of sounds like someone else I know, *cough* * cough*, who talked it up for like two years. As far as Witcher goes what legitimate review site didn't give it a good review? I love how you always hate on PC Gamer but the games you've recommended to me have been busts. Anyone remember ARMA 2? Yeah, $50 I'll never have back. Good thing I didn't pull the trigger on RO2 or I'd be out $100.

They never reviewed RO2 though they've been very supportive of it. Kind of sounds like someone else I know, *cough* * cough*, who talked it up for like two years. As far as Witcher goes what legitimate review site didn't give it a good review? I love how you always hate on PC Gamer but the games you've recommended to me have been busts. Anyone remember ARMA 2? Yeah, $50 I'll never have back. Good thing I didn't pull the trigger on RO2 or I'd be out $100.
Just because I've recommended poor games, doesn't mean the review site PC Gamer is any better than IGN or others. ARMA 2 is good, but it's a simulator, obviously, and it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Back