[OVER] Killing Floor for $5 on Steam IS BACK and I'm giving away 2 copies!

HeatSurge

OK mofos, basically what you all need to do now is get on steam (if you don't have it yet) and buy Killing Floor for $5 (until tomorrow morning) before I come over and spank all your asses.

I have easily spent over 100 hours in that game, and it is a lot of fun - I'd say it's a must buy for $5 if you're into FPS games at all.

I still have two guest passes too, so if you want to check it out beforehand, let me know.

First come first serve for the guest passes, but THE GAME IS AWESOME even if you don't get a pass.

I'd love to play with some TBG people on the server. For now, it's basically just me...

If anyone can't possibly bear to spend the $5 (which is less than a meal menu at your favorite fast food place), but would play the game - let me know and I might help you out (even though $5 is seriously pathetic for this game which is easily worth $20 reg).

BUY NAO (especially TK)

Re: Killing Floor for $5 on Steam - buy it!

LMAO
i fucking told you it would go on sale heatsurge
you doubted me
but whos right now?
me

ok so i bought it, along with bioshock cuz they just put that on sale too because they ran out of keys for Prey lol, however that works

so i also have 2 guest passes to give away if anyone wants to try it

im in, and i also have 2 guest passes

YES!

I can switch the TBG server to normal for you n00bs, but I'll do it a bit later.

Did someone say Bioshock? $5? Looks like yet another epic buy ;-D. I hope it's still on - just jumped to type this. I'll eat and brb.

BTW TK yeah... I got pwned hard with this today lulz. Think of how much it would've sucked if you bought it yesterday for $10 like I was telling you and it went on sale for $5 this morning :-D

Come on! Roth and TK are the only ones who like those types of games? That's just sad, people!

Well, it's better than nothing I guess.

Sale ends tomorrow at 9AM eastern I think - or something like that... so make up your mind soon.

Sale ends in 3 hours!

Just picked up Killing Floor and Bioshock, thanks for the heads up!

sales are lame today
unless someone knows any of those games to be good? cuz i havn't even heard of any of them except CoH

I've had Killing Floor for about 3 months now. I bought it the last time it went on sale but got bored of it. It's not a bad game but it gets redundant very quickly.

i picked up defense grid and played it for about 2hrs straight. its similar to Plants vs Zombies (in gameplay) but much more hi-tech.

setup weapons = aliens die. fun game. its a little problem solving, RTS, and general defense tower type game..

i didnt mean to Hi-Jack the thread, but im excited about the Steam sales and i dont want anyone to miss a game they might enjoy.

PS KF and bioshock were a steal!

im excited about the Steam sales and i dont want anyone to miss a game they might enjoy.

exactly, thats why i made the steam sales thread... but it seems to have disappeared
screw todays sales btw lol

just picked up world of goo for 4.99. i played it a few months ago and liked it. the price is right bitch!! lulz

I've had Killing Floor for about 3 months now. I bought it the last time it went on sale but got bored of it. It's not a bad game but it gets redundant very quickly.

I never played with you :-(

Anyway, I don't know - maybe it's personal preference or something, but I've been off and on about KF. I played it a LOT the first week I bought it, then got fed up with it, stopped for a while, but then the updates and the custom maps have been keeping me extremely entertained...

Like I say, overall I have well over 100 hours in that game (perhaps more than 200 even) and I'm nowhere near bored of it...

Maybe it's personal like/dislike...

Anyway, sorry but I'm kinda crazy with work lately so I still am not going to play tonight, but I'm excited to play with whoever wants to - roth, TK, Fallen, Soldier (if you wanna come back to it) some other time.

The TBG server has some really cool custom maps, so if you're bored soldier, I think custom maps could spark some interest.

The TBG server is set to "Hard" right now, so whoever goes in there is probably going to get pwned unless there's high-level, experienced people on there to help you. You should really be playing on "Normal" at most. When they say hard, they mean fucking hard in this game. And suicidal is extremely, annoyingly difficult.

I'm not going to change the TBG server to "Normal" unless there's really high demand or something, so let me know if you want to specifically play on it... or maybe if you all play together (as a noob squad). However, I personally can't really stand Normal (too easy/boring for me) and that's why the TBG server is on hard...

BTW the game sucks in "Solo" and the whole charm of it is playing with other people, so I recommend not even playing "Solo." Just go to some random "Normal" server even on your very first game, and start from there.

IMO, never play solo, unless you're testing something or checking out new maps. It's boring as fuck and not entertaining at all.

Man I tested out KF tonight on single player.....intense! I can see why that game is co-op now.

just picked up world of goo for 4.99. i played it a few months ago and liked it. the price is right bitch!! lulz

wog is a kickass game. I bought it for $5 also months ago to support the developer.

I'm looking for Trine to go on the "daily sale," and even if it doesn't, I'm picking it up for $8.

Another kickass game (imo) to check out is a very unknown indie game called "Harvest: Massive Encounter."

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15400/

It's strange, but I was fucking ADDICTED to that game (as in, I didn't sleep and played 20 hours straight I think, or something to that effect) until I got all achievements. It's kind of a one-hit-wonder though - I haven't come back to it at all. I would heartily recommend it OVER "Defense Grid" though. I had a LOT more fun with Harvest: ME than Defense Grid. Don't be deceived by the 2d sprite-based, isometric graphics on Harvest: ME. The engine is extremely polished, and it feels incredibly solid. Resolution support is excellent as well (1920x1080, 1920x1200, 1680x1050, anything weird no problem).

If you like Defense Grid, imo you should look at Harvest: ME (clicky link above).

Re: Killing Floor for $5 on Steam SALE IS OVER. You're too late, sadly.

So I'm thinking about buying Max Payne 1 and 2 together for $3.74 and maybe even civilization IV complete for $13.60
what do you think

I found the Max Paynes too hard to pass up for 3.74. Don't care for CivIV personally. I know I'll never play that.

I've finished both the Max Paynes anyway, but even just seeing them in my Steam account is worth the $4 and I might replay them someday. 3D Realms FTW as well (they had involvement in the franchise).

Man I tested out KF tonight on single player.....intense! I can see why that game is co-op now.

When you become a bit more experienced (know when/where to shoot specimens/which ones to kill first/how to use your class best), you'll find that it's easily beatable on "Normal" and even "Hard," but suicidal is quite impossible by yourself imo. The health of certain specimens (notably scrakes/FPs/the patriarch/sirens) scales with player count, but just sheer numbers will swarm/overpower you often when you're alone.

Also, single player (solo) is fucking boring as shit. I never ever, ever play SP. Just find a server online... really. Don't be afraid that you suck - trust me there's almost always at least one person who sucks every time I play online... you just try to "pull their weight" and it usually works out... unless it's more than one on Hard lol.

Suicidal is very challenging even with 6 people who are very experienced.

so...new sales today
Shattered horizon for 5 bucks damnit...
I seriously think everybody who doesnt have that game should buy it, it may not have a ton of content but its really fun imo, zero grav fps ftw

I think I'm gonna get crysis maximum edition for $13.59

Not thinking about any of the others really unless someone can convince me

If you don't have SH, it should be a must buy for $5.

I'm also very seriously considering Darwinia. I already have Multiwinia from another package deal earlier this year. I have Darwinia pirated, but I feel like the studio seriously deserves the $2 for that game too. I had a blast with it, but depending on what you like in games, your mileage may vary.

I'd buy uplink: hacker elite for $2ish as well. That was also great fun (same studio).

HL:Source is meh. The conversion is very lame, so I'd say it's not worth it. The "Black Mesa: Source" mod is supposed to be coming out some time in the future hopefully, and it will seriously rule (supposedly) compared to HL:Source. It's a remake of HL1 with a HL2 influence (?! don't ask me)... but the videos they've released look very promising.

SFIV and MTW2 = meh for me.

Crysis? I'm on the wall on that one. I'll ask my magic 8-ball tonight.

Back