Old Games.

boondokk

BANNED
BANNED
If a developer could bring an old series back to life with new glamor and graphics and great gameplay, which series would you choose?

I'd choose Wing Commander and Baldur's Gate.

Wing Commander - Revolutionized the industry and helped to put EA on the board. It was one of the first 'big production' game series to ever be made, with voice-overs and cutscenes (new things to games at that time). Bringing back WC to the PC in full DX10 glory would be amazing!
hornetcockpit.gif

Baldur's Gate 2 - Still one of the greatest games ever made with a complex story, hundreds of unique characters, lots of gear to collect, and a great companion system that allowed you to adventure with five NPC party members. This is STILL my favorite game of all time and will be until BG3 comes out. The new one needs to have the same level of freedom as the old game, continue off where your old character finished, and keep the 6 character party system RPG's seem to want to abandon these days.
baldursgate2.jpg

I'm with you on WC. I used to play all sorts of flight and space sim games - F-19 Stealth Fighter by Microprose, Falcon by Spectrum HoloByte.

I would like to see some of those redone - especially Red Baron by Dynamix. I won a contest that Dynamix did for Red Baron where I had to answer a bunch of questions about WW I planes. I ended up calling a few people at the Smithsonium Institute for the answers. I got a free copy of the game signed by the development team.

I also liked Empire Deluxe and Harpoon because I did playtesting on those for the companies.

Red Baron
1redbaroncasemod.jpg

screenshot_6050.jpg

Empire Deluxe
96-1.jpg

edpic-1.jpg

Harpoon
harpoon5.jpg

I'll take Death Track...

Death%20Track_1.png

They actually made Death Track: Resurrection, but it sucks so bad it's a terrible disappointment.

It's no more than a cheap arcade remake that feels like you're playing with someone else's dick... I was hoping for some simulation-quality driving and less auto-aim, fire-and-forget weapons and they seemed to deliver exactly the opposite.

I swear if I have money to burn someday I'll get a team together and get them to make Death Track and work on it until it's polished to perfection the way I want it to be.

[quote1225688868=Soulzz]
Mech Warrior. :).
[/quote1225688868]

i second the motion

I think that wing commander and red baron would be outstanding remakes. While it is not that new, you should give IL-2 Stromovik a go if you like flight sims. I have logged many an hour on this game and still play it all the time.

Im going to have to second on the Baldurs gate. Those games are fantastic! Ive beaten the first one only once and the second and expansion i never finished it. It would be amazing to see a revamped new version of BG!

I am with HeatSurge for Death Track, I just couldnt remember the name of that game but you got that right Heat, that was a great game, I played it like 15 years ago or so.. lol Cheese!!!!

[quote1225829811=Soulzz]
Mech Warrior. :).
[/quote1225829811]

117490ss_sm2.jpg

165727ss_sm2.jpg

HELL YEAH!!! I have mech warrior 3-4 with all expansions, and with all the mek tek mods which is pretty cool. I was really disappointed when they announced that mech warrior 5 was going to be cut. :'(

I still go through the campaign mode when I get bored

I'm thinking perhaps the City-Builder series games as well. Pharaoh and Caeser.

the guardian legend

the_guardian_legend_title.png

turret.png

if you have nes roms, look through them for it.

You are really dating yourself with that entry, Roth. 1988?? I just finished college!!!

Back