OFFICIAL Release of BF2142 v1.51 - OLD

Soldier4Real

From Baza, finally:

OK guys, so we have a change of plans after a tip off here on the forums that the md5 checks were not working. We spent this week fixing them and have verified everything is working with some of the RSP's (thanks XFactor Servers and Art Of War/WOLF).

The official release of BF2142 v1.51 will be on Tuesday 15th Febuary.

This does mean there is another patch file which EVERYONE will need to download and install.

If you have v1.51 installed already you will need to go into Regedit and modify version number from 1.51 to 1.50 before running the install file.

If you are installing fresh from DVD or EA Download Manager you will need to download and run v1.50 patch FIRST and then v1.51. You can get v1.50 from Fileplay here - Battlefield 2142 Patch v1.50 - Full download on Fileplay (BF2142_Update_1.50.exe)

The v1.51 patch is currently only for PC. The Mac version is away for the conversion process.

OFFICIAL Release of BF2142 v1.51 - Electronic Arts UK Community

Good, then we will be back to having all the players who haven't upgraded yet. Win for us.

Thanks for the update Soldier. I guess now is a good a time as any to reinstall this game so I can check out our servers and game with those of you that play 2142.

Something tells me I am going to get schooled hard because I haven't played this game since it was released and I only have about 5 hours of playing time.

Can you say :

expression_default.png

Can I have your tags? I can only get the really easy ones anyway.

Thats what I was saying since we patched up mainly due to the fact all the flag names had crappy names in front of them like cpname_....hotel or something.

The file size also increased from 1.3Gb to 2.0Gb so I'm not sure what they've done.

Where in regedit is Battlefield?

Hit start and type REGEDIT in to the search bar and hit enter (Win7/Vista)

For 64 bit versions of Windows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2142

Right click on Version, select Modify, change to 1.50 and then close the registry.

For 32 Bit versions of Windows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield

Right click on Version, select Modify, change to 1.50 and then close the registry.

After this you should be able to install the 1.51 patch.

Back