*Non-Official* Server Suggestions

Vordar

Since many of us have gotten the chance to play BF1 for a week now I wanted to start a thread to see what everyone likes and doesn't like Map/game play wise. What do you like, what do you not like and what would you be interested in seeing (if it were up to you to host a server). Personally Conquest > Operations... but its fun to change it up every so often. Please remember this is to see what people like (and don't), not to shoot down ideas or trash talk what others prefer.

Favorites:
*St Quentin Scar
*Suez
*Amiens
*Empire's Edge
*Monte Grappa

Least Favorites:
*Argonne Forest
*Chateau

Suggested Servers:
*24/7 Suez - It's the new locker/metro/ 3 point straight line mayhem everyone craves. Unlike the days of old, Suez isn't as boxed in as Metro and Locker. It's a box shaped map but with plenty of room on the sides to try and get around the main flag positions. My suggestion would be to remove the train maybe, but with as quickly as some maps go maybe it wouldn't really kill the gameplay too much after all. Tanks help make pushing easier than a dozen UCAVs so there should be a good chance for the loosing side to make up some ground still. Average round ~ 12-25 minutes.

24/7 Air Maps - While I really don't care for the chateau, flying is a LOT of fun. Hell, Jolebroy is even getting in to it!!! Nuff Said

I would just like behemoths disabled. It's like playing call of duty with ac130's and gunships although in that you have to earn it at least, where in this you get it for playing as a shit team. I really don't get these things, it's like the modern day sports day where ''everyone'' is a winner it's the taking part that counts. There should be a winning and loosing team. This whole the worse you play the more you get rewarded is bullshit. I love the game but this just gets under my skin.

Also high tickets would be cool.

Just an FYI, we will not be doing 1 map servers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Just an FYI, we will not be doing 1 map servers.

If it's popular, and many requests and easy to populate then I dont see why not

Should have a full rotation of conquest as another server

Hows infantry only mode, you guys tried that mode.

I'd say Argonne Forest is the new Locker/Metro, same # flags, same choke blocks, same flanking runs either side.
It's a pretty good infantry only map

Reactions: Ash
What did I just say?!

Man, California heat is getting to you huh =p I want to know what people like and what they dont.
It's actually raining today, nice of you to be attentive;)

I second the disabling of behemoths. Suez is going to be changed soon to 5 flags, and more armour.
Favourite maps are Amiens, Ballroom blitz, St Quentin scar.
Would love to see an infantry only server, or limited armour / planes.
I've always wanted to see class limits, but this is a very unpopular opinion. I used to like how Day of Defeat servers could limit snipers / MGs. That being said, MGs suck on BF1.
I think the most important thing to me right now is getting a server with admins, lol. That and some glitch fixes.
Looking forward to TBG servers.
- Jim

If you disable behemoths, then you destroy the balance. The behemoth does not always show up. When the teams are close enough, there is no behemoth.

And look at it this way, the behemoth takes troops off the ground. So there are less people on the ground capping.

Its VERY rare that a behemoth changed a game anyways.

Personally as far as maps go, Suez, Sinai, The one in Germany with the windmills ( forgot the name ), and thats it i think.

I love the AA in these games, no more plane whores with 40-0 scores. Its so nice to take back the skies for once in a BF game from plane whores who kept attacking, dropping flares, and disappear until flares come back over and over and over.... NOW when you attack ... WATCH for my AA artillery truck.. I have been called AA camper more times in the past week than camper in general since BF2!!!

I love taking back the skies for the troops to take flags without terror....

I CANT WAIT TO START PLAYING IN TBG SERVERS!!!

I have been called N word 11 times already.... And I am not even black!!!!

See you guys!

In my experience, whether the behemoth changes the tide of a game is based on the set up of the behemoth and the map. For example, if it's a train that can't fire on certain points, or a dreadnought, then that doesn't usually change much. But the airships tend to, because they can actually cap some flags and fire anywhere. I never liked the hero mechanic of games. It should be about what people do as their soldier. I've seen numerous people suggest we let the enemy cap points so that we get a behemoth, and that's lame as a one legged duck.

This being said, I also don't think I quite understand how behemoths work mechanically. On Ballroom Blitz I was firing like a mofo on an airship and my hits stopped registering after a while. I don't know if there are certain locations that you have to hit or if it was just one of the many glitchy parts of this game. I'm sure things will improve in time for both the game, and my limited understanding of it.

I agree with pinky about the AA and aircraft mechanics, but I see some tanks doing more or less the same thing. I'd love to see a bit more options for doing damage to tanks (or the behemoth). As I play support usually, the only choice to do any damage is the limpet charge and it's much harder to approach tanks in BF1 than say BF4, also the charge only does about 40 damage in my experience. Maybe I'm using inefficiently.

Back