New video card...

CrazyH12345

Well, I am in need of a new video card. My NVidia 6600 is too out-dated to play most games, so I need something different. I am on a limited budget, so any suggestions for good cards would be welcome.

Any thoughts on a EVGA e-GeForce 8500GT 1GB Video Card?

I like NVidia products. I hear that the Xfx is better to OC than the EVGA but I don't know from personal experience. What's your price range? If you can make it into the $120 range, you can get a GeForce 8500GT with 512 MB or one with 1 GB for $150.

Yeah for the money I would agree with meat. The 8800 series cards are now cheap and for the price, the best bang for the buck. Make sure you have room for them. They are a long card. I run an 9800GT. 8800 gts or gtx or even gt will be well worth the money.

I got the nvidia GeForce 9600m GT for mine. I love it.

8800 GT, 8800 GTS, 9800 GT/GTX. All good video cards :D.

i mean if your gonna spend a hundred on a crap card there no point save a bit more and get a decent card i loved my 8800gt but i bought a new pc so i got rid of it for the 9800 gt.
and if i wasnt leaving for a year i would already have a new mobo and vid card i love buyiing pc shit

Wow, all great suggestions! Thanks for the input. I totally forgot Newegg existed. Shame on me, I know. 8800/8500 definitely they two front-runners.

Hey crazy I used to have an 8500. Its not worth the money to buy one bro. Just save and spend a little extra and get an 8800 or an 9800. The link in MEAT's post has an evga 8800gt for $109. That is a great deal and you will be able to run games great. Peace out.

Back