New V8 Engine from Jaguar Produces 500 horses.

boondokk

BANNED
BANNED
A brand new engine was revealed by Jaguar in Detroit that produces 503 bhp with 461 lb?ft of torque. It's about time they got on the ball and engineered a new engine. I'm not sure what hand Ford might have had in it, but it looks like a good engine nonetheless. Could we expect Jaguar to begin competing again with BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi in the next couple years in terms of performance and luxury? Maybe, but I doubt it as long as its American owned.

I'd love to see what Falcon and Stenger have to say on this.

http://www.sae.org/mags/aei/5660

LS7 in the Corvette

The king of all Corvettes is the amazing 2006 ZO6. It tops out at 198 mph, runs the quarter mile in 11.5 seconds at 127 mph, and hits 60 mph in a jaw-dropping 3.5 seconds (in first gear). All of that performance is the result of superior GM engineering and an engine we call the LS7 ?the most technologically-advanced small-block ever built. A natural continuation of the LS Family, the LS7 uses a 7.0-liter aluminum dry-sump block, CNC-ported cylinder heads, and titanium rods and valves to pump out 505 hp and 470 lb.-ft. of torque. Talk about efficient ?the LS7 helps the 2006 ZO6 get over 28 mpg while still being the fastest Corvette ever produced!

M6 not the 7-series
5.0-liter, V-10 engine
500 horsepower
Rear-wheel drive
17 mpg hwy

It sounds like a great engine, but that's been a stalwart of Jaguar for a while, good engines. Their AJ-V8's are fantastic engines, and this is yet another great AJ. That said, they need to get their heads out of their asses and figure out what the hell they're doing as a company. The XK is a pretty nice car for its class, but still has very little focus. It's trying to be a luxury car and trying to be a super car, but fails at both and finds some sort of happiness in the middle. The XJ is blown out of the water by other luxury sedans and the XF is junk.

I'd love to see them turn the XK into a sports car with a luxurious touch, lose the damn flappy paddle shifters and lighten the thing up. The XJ needs new direction and they need to firebomb the XF.

I wonder if they sell them seprate as an crate engine too. So you can resto-mod an classic jag like the XKE.

LS9 V8 Supercharged Aluminum-Block V8 Engine

6.2 Liter aluminum-block V8 boosted by an Eaton TVS (Twin Vortices Series) supercharger for a total power output of 638 hp at 6500 rpm and 604 lb.-ft. of torque at 3800 rpm. The supercharger features four lobes instead of the usual three for higher power and efficiency. It also features an intercooler to cool down the air/fuel charge for more power. In addition, nozzles squirt cooling oil into the underside of each piston. The engine also features a dual-pressure fuel injection system for peak performance during multiple operating conditions. Like the LS7 engine in the Z06, the LS9 features titanium connecting rods and exhaust valves as well as a dry-sump oil system with a larger capacity reservoir - now 10.5 quarts.

I'd love to see Jaguar start putting out vehicles to par with the Germans in terms of power, luxury, and driving experience. Give them another competitor.

Erik. We're not talking about Corvettes. We're talking about luxury cars.

Back