New System up and Running!

Thanks. The block and pump/resevoir combo I got from Frozen CPU. It's the XSPC Rasa cpu block and the XSPC dual bay reservoir/D5 variable pump combo. The radiator is the XSPC RX360.

Awesome. I would love to switch to water cooling this fall, but I don't know much about it.
I'm considering CPU cooling with my 2 AMD 7950's in crossfire...is that plausible?

Yeah it's possible. Just remember you'll need a water block for each video card in addition to the pump, reservoir, tubing, fittings, and cpu water block. The best bit is check out the kits over at frozencpu.com I got started there for a very reasonable price.

Good shit Six! I'm still working on my parts list but will soon join in the fun except for the water cooling.

Wow! That shit is disorienting. Everything moves so much faster in BF3 it really is disorienting right now. It's going to take me a few days to get used to everything moving faster :) After a couple of hours playing the CPU holds steady at 43C and the GPU at 35C while gaming in BF3 :)

Awesome. I would love to switch to water cooling this fall, but I don't know much about it.
I'm considering CPU cooling with my 2 AMD 7950's in crossfire...is that plausible?

Also notice that every waterblock you add adds some resistance to the water flow. Depending on how many radiators/blocks you have, you might not want to skimp on the water pump. A MCP-655 or whatever the fuck I have is pushing just fine through 3 rad + cpu + 1 video card + 5.25" reservoir though... so not that big of a deal.

However, if you go really ridiculous, especially with restrictive waterblocks, it is a consideration.

Great build mate, I'm up to something similar just waiting on choosing the mobo

Looks great bro! Makes me sad, I have to wait until next week to buy my new 780... makes me wish I had water cooling, but I'm still working air flow for now!
Shit looks pretty gnar though, hopefully you won't die as much with a better rig ;)

Looks great bro! Makes me sad, I have to wait until next week to buy my new 780... makes me wish I had water cooling, but I'm still working air flow for now!
Shit looks pretty gnar though, hopefully you won't die as much with a better rig ;)

I think you'll love the 780 when you get it, but I didn't notice that EVGA included a God Mode with the card. Maybe mine's defective.

How's the EVGA tweak program? I've only used ASUS boards, and GPU Tweak is pretty good it its monitoring and tweaking utilities... Yea on the bright side, even though I have to to wait another week to get mine, it's not like they have any in stock really, so waiting isn't so bad, I can just pawn it off on the fact Newegg is almost always sold out :(

It's pretty good. They call it EVGA Precision. I like it, never had any problems with it at all. If Newegg is out of stock, check EVGA's site-they sell direct too. That's how I got the Hydro since they weren't in any stores yet.

I updated a few things so I thought I'd add some new pics.
1. Changed out the CoolerMaster 200cm side fan for a BitFenix one.
2. Shortened the tubing from CPU to GPU inlet.
3. Replaced the missing grommet on the bottom of the chasis where the PSU wires exit to the back of the case.
4. Added the secondary HDD.

Anyway, some might not see a big difference but it looks more tidy to me and those things were pissing me off and now they're fixed :)

9038768078_4f9201f64f_b.jpg

9038770032_72aa02ae6c_b.jpg

9038772074_1be5cea153_b.jpg

9038766232_2f97e58c66_b.jpg

Look at all the fucking room in that case! Damn dude you could almost put a second board in there...
Nice rig dude. Makes me want to upgrade my amd 1050T and HD6970 card.

Highest OC numbers for the GTX 780 plz?

Okay, the Hydro Copper 780 runs at:
  • 980Mhz Base Clock
  • 1500Mhz Memory clock.

Mine would do +125 Base clock OC and 275Mhz Memory OC, giving me 1175Mhz boost clock and 1775Mhz Memory clock. Rock solid and at a steady 38C. Any time I tried to go beyond those numbers by 25Mhz the driver would fail, black screen for a few seconds and then a driver error message.

Look at all the fucking room in that case! Damn dude you could almost put a second board in there...
Nice rig dude. Makes me want to upgrade my amd 1050T and HD6970 card.

Yeah, that's why I love the Xigmatek Elysium, tons of space. As for the PSU, I like to have some headroom for overclocking and additions should I choose.

Back