New mouse

Beaver

I was thinking about buying a new mouse. Any Idea which one should I choose ?

I've had the Logitech G5, G7, and the G9. Currently using the G9 and love it.

DeathAdder if you have big hands. Copperhead if you have smaller hands.

I like the size and feel of the side winder (medium size hand's;p) But the dpi only goes to 2000. The G series have a high arch to the palm and are narrow. Don't buy the falality 3 finger one its a pos. I would stick with a cored one also. Happy mouse hunting!

Stay away from the Razer Imperator. It's a fantastic mouse, 5600 DPI, ergonomic, very comfortable and accurate but the drivers and software are buggy as hell for vista, win7, and XP. The mouse stops working sporadically requiring restarts to get it to work again; it's not worth the hassle.

i have had the mx518, g9, and death adder.

i love the 518 and deatheadder, fuck the g9.

i love the 518 so much i bought a new one at walmart, swapped it with my worn out (broken rt click) and returned the bad one.

the deathadder is sex with a usb cable attached.

edit: the g9 felt OK, but the repot rate or something was way the fuck off in 2142, i started missing solo TV's really bad. i went bad to the 518 and it was back to normal. i got the death adder when the 518 rt click failed and i use it everyday. the 518 is my stand-by when i set up a second tower from time to time.

i had the mx518 before my g5...its good, but it really annoyed me because like there would always be this grime build up sort of, i guess from sweat or something, because of the shiny smooth surface
g5 has a matte surface that stays clean lol
g500 looks primo

yea i know the dirt build up is weird. id just scratch it off.

the deathadder has one problem for me. the right click is very sensative. if i rest my middle finger on it, i am often clicking it on accident and bringing up the context menu. when i game its not a problem tho because i hold my hand different.

So after I read about your post guys, I looked at it and, there it is what I am thinking to get.

gbm.png

Logitech MX518 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Optical 1800 dpi Gaming Mouse
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104178
I like this one, 8 buttons, but I had a G5 before and I was pissed because it broke after 8 month.

gbm.png

GIGABYTE GM-M8000X Rubber Black 7 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Laser Gaming Mouse
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826146014
I'm really thinking about this one, I know it looks like a G9, around the same price.
69.99 for this one and 70-80$ for the G9
G9 are unavaillable on newegg right now. And even, if I would go for a G9, I would buy the G9x which looks like you can choose between 2 frame or no frame.
gbm.png

But the price is a little bit high I think. around 120$

gbm.png

Logitech G500 10 Buttons Dual-mode Scroll Wheel USB Wired Laser 5700 dpi Gaming Mouse - Retail
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104318

And finally this one. I don't very like the design, but it got 10 buttons on it which can be good or to much.

G9 sucks beaver, i have one, not good. My G5 was excellent and deathadder is perfect if you are a righty.

I've got an mx518 also. Had that first, then got a G5 as a christmas gift, used it and liked it okay, but I missed having both the back and forward browser buttons on the mouse (which I could reprogram to various commands... i.e. back for vent talk, forward for squad chat was a common config). My G5 broke, and I went out and bought another mx518 cause I liked it so much.

The only problem I have with the 518, or at least mine, is that compared to the G5, the sensitivity controls are a lot more ... ambiguous, I guess? It's not clear whether or not it actually increased sensitivity or not, and there's no mini display showing what level it's at. Other than that, I love it!

Back