New Computer Build Questions

ColdIceShot

Good day guys,

Well the new computer build time is coming up fast since I am just waiting after April 1st to get my taxes return to start the process of seeling this IMac and buying a new one. I haven't build a computer in years, last one was build for BF2... So I am a big noob at it :p

Before going too far I want to pick the right full tower case to give me great options in a near future. Officially I won't start with a water cooling system since I don't really need it at the beginning cause I won't overclock until I need to. But with that being said I still want enough room to eventually work on a water cooling system and not be restricted too much by space.

I always been a fan of Thermaltake and I was looking at this case:
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Chassis/Full_Tower_/Urban/C_00002239/Urban_T81_/design.htm

What do you guys think about this one? Do you guys have any better suggestion at full size tower? It is not a question of price and doesn't need to be fancy either.

For the computer parts list, I am not ready yet to fully stop my choices since there is a lot of new products that just got released or that will be released soon and need some testing. So this will wait a bit.

While we are at it any motherboard suggestions? I did not follow that in years and I don't even have a start point at this. Probably gonna be Kaby Lake with 1080

I bought the biggest case with the most fan slots, made with the most metal I could find...years and years ago.
It's not kewl looking.
It's super heavy. (Who cares. I only move it to the garage for its semi-annual, air compressor, de-dusting)

But, it's been the same case for my last 3 builds....and that's the point.

I like the case you picked.

+1 for Asus motherboards.

Hard to recommend a case since there are so many and it just depends on what features you want. However, in my last two builds I used a Corsair 780T and a Rosewill Thor. I rate them both very highly.

Asus = rock solid performance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Another question for you guys... Since more and more reviews of the 1080 TI says good stuff about it I was looking at which monitor to pick. With that graphic card do you go WQHD/TN, WQHD/IPS or 4K?

I'm sure my logic will be swiftly refuted, but if you're going yolo with the Ti, I'd personally go with the 4k.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Another question for you guys... Since more and more reviews of the 1080 TI says good stuff about it I was looking at which monitor to pick. With that graphic card do you go WQHD/TN, WQHD/IPS or 4K?
Depends on what's important to you. I think 4k would be fantastic with that 1080 TI. As for the TN or IPS? I've personally never noticed a huge difference between the two but that's just me. If it matters to you get the TN but take a look at both in person and see what you think.

Depends on what's important to you. I think 4k would be fantastic with that 1080 TI. As for the TN or IPS? I've personally never noticed a huge difference between the two but that's just me. If it matters to you get the TN but take a look at both in person and see what you think.

I was looking at the 4K like this one by example, but the refresh rate is at 60Hz instead of 144hz and 165hz, wouldn't be better to wait for higher refresh rate?
Asus ROG PG27AQ Black 27” 4K/UHD

It is better to wait for higher refresh rate 4K, 1440p is just fine. I'm running 1440p @144hz(+gsync) with Dell S2716DG & GTX 1080.

That was my thought. It's like taking sixers mom out on a date and only getting to 3rd base, still very pleasurable, but If I spend the money I better be boning her

That was my thought. It's like taking sixers mom out on a date and only getting to 3rd base, still very pleasurable, but If I spend the money I better be boning her

Man you'd be taking her from dust. She's been dead for over a decade ;)

Back