New Computer Build Questions

Yes I saw them and I am sure that it is a better brands than Thermaltake but I like the design of these fans with a nice LED ring. Also they are very well reviewed as quiet and efficient.

200mm fans are the most quiet, and move high volumes of air. avoid 120mm at all cost. I have four 200 mm on max speed all the time. the only fans i hear from 2 feet away are my 140mm radiator fans.

Well finally some good news my packages did not get stock in that Purolator Strike this week and just received my case along with 3/4 of my parts :D. Also the 1080 Ti got in stock today on a local website so should receive it on Tuesday along with the rest of missing parts :).

Any suggestion of the best way to do data transfer from one computer to another?

Correction I got everything but the Graphic card so I will build it this weekend :)

I have a last question, I always been a conservative guy using still windows 7 64bit. Should I go windows 10 or stay with windows 7 for this new PC beast?

Correction I got everything but the Graphic card so I will build it this weekend :)

I have a last question, I always been a conservative guy using still windows 7 64bit. Should I go windows 10 or stay with windows 7 for this new PC beast?
Win 10 just works better IMO. It's got it's own drawbacks like automatically installing updates on it's own, unless you get the professional version. But all in all, I like a lot better and it seems to be better for gaming.

Win 10 just works better IMO. It's got it's own drawbacks like automatically installing updates on it's own, unless you get the professional version. But all in all, I like a lot better and it seems to be better for gaming.

Plus, getting the professional version is not all that hard, It costs a mere $30 at kinguin.net

Plus, getting the professional version is not all that hard, It costs a mere $30 at kinguin.net
Yes I saw a video explaining how to buy from that website but they are saying that we should buy OEM instead of the cheapest version since Microsoft won't support you when calling them if you have the cheapest version that cost 20-25 USD.

Yes I saw a video explaining how to buy from that website but they are saying that we should buy OEM instead of the cheapest version since Microsoft won't support you when calling them if you have the cheapest version that cost 20-25 USD.

But then you have the question - will you ever need that support? Besides, you can get the licenses for even cheaper should you royally screw something up - 4-6 USD on ebay (I tried, they were legitimate)...

Dont dick around with your OS choice! Make sure its a 100% valid/original/genuine copy! This is one thing you cant afford to go cheap on. Getting Win 10 Pro or better is a MUST! Get the disc, not just the download version! If you dont get Pro or better you will only be able to install the OS on one(1) PC. If you make to many hardware changes, after installing OS to your PC, you could lose validation and be forced to buy another OS.

Last edited:
Back