Need a good mouse and pad

Matt-aka-FAST

TBG Founder
Leadership
Donator
Okay so back in the day I had a G5, I was tearing shit up with that up until end of 08. After that the padding started to come off and had no grip on it. Since I loved the G5, i was an avid logitech fan. So I decided to get a G9 (meat also recommended) in 09. But I think my gaming experience has dwindle both fun and skill wise and I have put up with this mouse for too damn long. It is very slow and doesn't feel comfortable even though it has many features. I could easily get another G5 but thats obsolete.

I want a good mouse so I can fly with and use it for infantry as well.

Mostly flying of course :)

I looked at deathadder but doesn't have feature i'm looking for. Lachesis seems alright. What do you suggest?

Oh yes I'm looking for a good mouse pad. Mine is currently the old ones from 90s :D

I like the carpet feeling not the rough hard surface.

Hook FASTy UP N U GET SOME LOVIN LONGTIME!

Lots of people like the G500. I personally use a MS Sidewinder X5 because I have larger hands. As far as pads go, I've always used hard ones, so I can't help you there.

In my opinion, comfort should come first, performance second. So if you really like the Logitech shape, stick with that. If you are really familiar with the logitech, the razer mice take some getting used to.

Depends on if you like a low mouse or a high mouse.

I prefer my razer lachesis which is a low profile mouse. The deathadder i hear is great for people who like a higher profile mouse (similar to the logitech types)

For a mouse pad DEFINITELY go with this.

Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.

what you mean low or high mouse? You mean high end mouse?
That mouse pad does look nice btw

what you mean low or high mouse? You mean high end mouse?
That mouse pad does look nice btw

He means the height of the mouse. Low-profile mice are better for "claw" grips, and and taller mice are better for "palm" grips. Read more here:

Claw Grip Or Palm Grip

There are generally two methods of holding a mouse. The first is the claw grip, where the mouse is held by the tips of the fingers and is (almost) lifted across the surface of the mousemat, and this favours small and light mice. The second is the palm grip, where the palm of the hand rests on the top of the mouse and pushes it along the mousemat, and is more suited to large mice.

Some mice will satisfy both sorts of grip, but some are more appropriate to one or the other. Razer, for example, have produced a number of mice that are small and well suited to the claw-grip, such as the Copperhead and Krait. Logitech, on the other hand, tend to design larger mice that are more comfortable for palm-grip users, such as the G5 and G7.

Logitech G9 Grips The Logitech G9 has a clever trick up its sleeve. It comes with two interchangeable grips so that you can alter the shape of the mouse to suit your preferred grip. Saitek have also had a go at making a mouse to suit different-sized hands, namely the Cyborg. It has the ability to extend its length to accomodate both big and small hands. Both systems that works surprisingly well,but you might be better choosing another mouse if ultimate comfort is a priority.

i just found out i have G9 not G9X. Pretty much same thing its just higher DPI on yours. DPI is not my issue.

I like having a palm grip than claw. I have big hands and most of control i want it on my palm.

i have the lachesis, and destructor combo, that mousepad makes a huge difference, you wouldn't think it does, but... anyway, love em both, but remember that the lachesis side buttons are kinda dumb, you can only use one without shifting if you are like me. without shifting my hand i can access the 2 top buttons and the rear left side button.

i just found out i have G9 not G9X. Pretty much same thing its just higher DPI on yours. DPI is not my issue.

I like having a palm grip than claw. I have big hands and most of control i want it on my palm.

If you have larger hands, look into the Microsoft Sidewinder series. I love mine, although it did hamper my gaming for a couple weeks just getting used to the side-button layout and shape. But after that 2 week period I was in love. If you have larger hands I feel the sidewinders are a no-brainer.

Here is the flagship:

Amazon.com: Microsoft SideWinder X8 Mouse: Electronics

yeah i'll look at those links

Bob what kind of logitech do you have?

I saw the sidewinder. I didn't like the fact that it is wireless. I know there is wired one too but it is not as good as the wireless one in terms of features.

The G500 is the replacement for the G5. I haven't personally used it but I've read good things.

Newegg.com - Logitech G500 10 Buttons Dual-mode Scroll Wheel USB Wired Laser 5700 dpi Gaming Mouse

Right now I use the G9 but I've been eying the new CoolerMaster Sentinel for quite some time:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826570005

As far as a mousepad this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826995024

Warning though, it's gigantic but I have a big desk.

Razer Deathadder and a Rocketfish mouse pad, that's right ROCKETFISH. Maybe if you use those you can stop sucking so much Fast.

after studying mices all day im getting a deathadder. Pretty identical to my old G5 in size.

Not sure about rocketfish pad though :)

Deathadders are great. Is what I have and the best part, you never need a mouse pad for those.

lachesis ftw; tried some other ones mamba & deathadder included; the just feels better than the other ones, I would highly recommend Razer. I'm sure they have something that would meet your needs,

Back