Natal Xbox 360 in 2010

why does it have to be a little boy why can't it be a hot 21 year old girl 027

Umm... I refuse to believe this would actually work nearly as well as they present it to do.

If this whole scene really wasn't acted and heavily scripted (like I think it is), then they have pulled off some strides in AI that will rival anything ever seen before (insert skynet joke here).

Maybe Cyberdyne and the newly formed Cyber Research Systems Division can help make this better.

That HAS to be scripted. If not, that's pretty intelligent AI.

I have seen a behind closed doors demonstration of this in action.
II is laggy or nonresponsive at first until it gets use to your manerisms/jestures.
It has a learning curve for itself.
All in all it looks promising.

But it does show how far ahead Nintendo was in the videogame market. Hell, maybe some of you guys dont realize this, but there were phone ports on the first generation NES consoles released here in the states Nintendo had made plans to do peer to peer/multiplayer via telephone. In fact, Comcast cable in Roanoke, Va had a game server you could hook your NES, SNES or Sega Genesis and compete with local players for 4 bucks a month. But that was way back in the late 80's. Anyway, my point is, we as fellow gamers, old and new school owe everything to the pioneers of Nintendo.

Nintendo also made the classics, Super Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, etc. Great company :).

fake. there is now way that works. First off, how would it know which person is which?

Well it would have to have some ridiculously amazing face/body features recognition and some insanely good voice recognition.

Both things running on a current-gen system, especially not as a primary feature but rather as a "control" feature are not practical imo... but let's see.

Imo they'll delay it another 4-5 years...

I mean... recognizing regular speech ok, but intonation? Body gestures/position including depth in real-time with what looks like just a camera?

Sounds like major sci-fi or overhyped shit which will only run if you wear dark clothes or something (unless you're black LULZ) and speak in a certain accent... but I'd love to be proven wrong. Any word on how much it will cost? For this to run as they promise, it would have to be like $5k at least for all the necessary sensors and hardware and shit...

I don't believe the results would be satisfactory with just a camera... and the processing for good voice recognition would have to be pretty ace, with noise exclusion from the feedback and all that shit... it's just way too far fetched.

I dont know guys, the technology is here. Think about what we were playing in 1980 and now today.

Back