My new motorcycle

cplmac

I just got back from the dealer with my new bike, it's a 2012 Harley Davidson Road King Classic. I also bought a speaker system(Windshield amp and speaker kit) for it and a GPS/XM radio (GPS/XM).

tgm84.jpg

Very nice Mac. My friend has one with hard bags and a custom paint job. His sounds awesome with the custom pipes. Very nice! I have a Yamaha Road Star 1700 (below). I bought it new in 2005 and perhaps in the next few years I will buy a new bike but not another Road Star.

I'm not gonna do a ton of customizing Bob, just a bright red paint job and the GPS/XM and sound system. I might put different grips on but I need to get some miles on it to know for sure. Duke, buy yourself a Harley. They are all fuel injected now and they run nice and smooth. This bike comes with a security system (no ignition key just a remote fob), ABS and cruise control. I have to baby it for a few hundred miles but that won't really be a problem. I didn't buy a bike like this to be pulling hole shots.

That's a nice ride. Congratulations and stay safe on the road.

i had a 04 roadking man i mis that bike !totaled it out in concord mi (hit a deer)

That's a Heritage Softail, my uncle had that bike. It's the one that got me interested in a Harley in the first place. I'm going to install the speakers and GPS/XM on Tuesday.

Just scheduled an appointment with the dealer for Tuesday morning to get the sound, gps and XM installed. Can't wait, also the black with the white wall tires is growing on me, I might hold off on getting it painted. Thanks for the comments everyone. GiBruce did you replace your bike? How bad was the wipeout? I don't ride at night much outside of going to work because of the damn deer.

Got the speakers and GPS/XM installed yesterday. Sounds pretty good, or at least good enough to tide me over.

phpjZBROqAM.jpg

phpKme82JAM.jpg

Attachments

• phpRblm17AM.jpg
    phpRblm17AM.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 313
I think the obvious answer is I'm not choosing my own death on two wheels or otherwise, and I like the 50's style of my bike and the fact that you can ride it comfortably without punching your junk through the top of the bike. Also that bike sounds like it's running a weed whacker motor.

I have white walls on my bike. As long as you keep them clean I like them much better than black. I've been through 3 sets of tires and never changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the white walls I never really cared for on cars but on old school bikes they look great. I'm gonna pop the saddlebags off in a few days and see how I like it naked with the air shocks showing. They are black so they should blend in a little bit at least.

As some of you know I dropped the new bike off at the paint shop about a week ago to get rid of the wonderfully boring Harley black. I got a call today from the paint shop asking me to come in and make sure the lines for the two tone were what I wanted. I changed a couple but for the most part they were just right. The tins and tank already had the white base coat and I stuck around for a half hour or so while he laid down three coats of red so I could see how it all looked. He also wanted to know where I wanted the tank badges mounted. I'm putting tank badges from a '59 Panhead on, they match the color and style I'm going for perfectly. I want this bike to look like it road straight out of the 50's. Anyhow I took some pics and thought I would share them with you all. I'm fucking stoked, this bike is gonna look tits once it's all put back together. Tomorrow he is laying down 3-4 layers of clear coat. Instead of pinstriping on the the two tone seem I suggested using a 1/4" chrome trim strip, that should arrive in a few days.

scaled.php

scaled.php

34s2m1y.jpg

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Better than the turquoise/blue green and white people usually pick to represent the 50s.

Back