My New Internet

shockwave

At $180 a month I figured Time Warner wasn't getting enough of my money so I got their new Signature Home service. I will admit for about only $20.00 more a month I am impressed with all the new features I have with my cable and my digital phone service but what impresses me the most is my new internet speed. Before upgrading I had roughly 20 Mb/s down and about 1.00 Mb/s upload . Don't get me wrong having almost 300 channels is nice and free long distance anywhere in the world is cool as well but the upgraded internet is the best part well worth the extra $20 a month!

1473402720.png

Blech. Cox may have had a lot of outages but at least I got 20/4 for $40/month. :p

Not saying TW is bad. They probably have the best tech in cable, but I really hate Roadrunner's crippled uploads. That's my only real quip against them: their cheap plans suck for uploading anything. Not very "Web 2.0".

Yea it's pretty sweet especially the upload speed. I also noticed lower pings on the game server about 1/2 what they were I was around 47 now I am at 22 to 25. I also noticed an immediate improvement in my game play such as hits registering which was surprising given I had 20 Mb/s down prior to the upgrade.

Heh I don't even have a clue what were paying for. When I signed my parents up for comcast it was 6 meg cable and speed test at 10, this is what we have gotten past couple years.
1473822755.png

I wouldnt mind some extra upload cant say I really "need" the extra download.

Good shit if the price is right shock.

Heh I don't even have a clue what were paying for. When I signed my parents up for comcast it was 6 meg cable and speed test at 10, this is what we have gotten past couple years.
1473822755.png

I wouldnt mind some extra upload cant say I really "need" the extra download.

Good shit if the price is right shock.
and i still smack u in dm lmao

and i still smack u in dm lmao

.....and you still cant prove shit. My internet might be great but my machine can't even play the game at a constant 30 fps lol.

Connection speed = almost nothing. Low latency internet pwns, fast dl and ul doesnt do much for gaming when your pings 250 to your dam neighbors house. Though there still is a minimum speed to contend with just cant say ill ever be anywhere near it.

That said i suck at these games, we will see if there is any improvement when i ditch the 15 inch laptop.

At $180 a month I figured Time Warner wasn't getting enough of my money so I got their new Signature Home service. I will admit for about only $20.00 more a month I am impressed with all the new features I have with my cable and my digital phone service but what impresses me the most is my new internet speed. Before upgrading I had roughly 20 Mb/s down and about 1.00 Mb/s down . Don't get me wrong having almost 300 channels is nice and free long distance anywhere in the world is cool as well but the upgraded internet is the best part well worth the extra $20 a month!

1473402720.png
Nice man , I only get 25 or so down and 5 up. Your two times my speed man lol ... :( I think I need to call my ISP . I Pay 163 + tax

Back