More info on 2142 patch

Matt-aka-FAST

TBG Founder
Leadership
[blockquote]As for the changelist you know this is a small update in terms of fixes and is aimed at adding more security fixes onto accounts to stop spoofing.

Other things you will see are:

* No DRM method on the exe as with BF2 (No more SafeDisc, PACE or SecuROM (depending on which version of BF2142 you have) and no more errors from EADM saying you need to log in to EADM to verify ownership even if you are logged in)
* Operation Blue Pearl
* Two brand new maps from community modder Jason Brice (more on this later)
* Northern Strike will be available to EVERYONE

Also yes, BF2142 Deluxe Edition is heading to Steam and Direct2Drive (and all other online retailers you see selling BF2 Complete Collection) once BF2142 1.51 is done.[/blockquote]

Soulzz and I kept the two new maps things on a low profile, but he came out and said it so what the hell anymore...

Hmm maybe bf2 karkand? :-D That sure will replace camp G!
And NS finally for free, yes i never lost my 10 bucks to EA! FASTY is a smart cookie! I guess we can add those two titan NS maps on our list now. :-D

I guess it's better than nothing, although at this point it's quite meh.

I'm going to seriously LULZ if the server crashes during the first round after it's updated though.

more info. Im assuming the shields and EU transport issue wont be fixed.
but whatever, i see server stability fixed, so those douche bags are gonna be pissed they cant fuck with us anymore. Wah for them!

[blockquote]* Server stability fix is in BF2142 v1.51 so should see a stop to the crashing servers exploit
* There is no release date yet because as I mentioned earlier, I'm waiting for the programmer from BFBC2. So until he is back on BF2142 I can't estimate how long he will take to finish the update. There has been closed beta testing of the update with Combat Studios which is why we know of the major loading bug we have to deal with.
* Operation Blue Pearl is Assault Lines
* There are currently no extra Titan maps included.
* Mac will get this update as quick as it can be converted from PC to Mac. This process isn't done by DICE so we will leave 1.50 servers running for Mac players until 1.51 comes out for the Mac. Then all 1.50 ranked servers will be shut down.
There are fixes, mainly around stability and account security. As previously mentioned 1.50 was the main BF2142 update. 1.51 is a minor increment update to fix the security issues. We just threw in 3 maps for you. Not too bad for an incremental update really.[/blockquote]

If they don't fix the gun on the transport and make the doragon fly less like a bus, I will suicide bomb DICE.

[quote1259128704=x=FAST=x]
more info. Im assuming the shields and EU transport issue wont be fixed.
but whatever, i see server stability fixed, so those douche bags are gonna be pissed they cant fuck with us anymore. Wah for them!

[blockquote]* Server stability fix is in BF2142 v1.51 so should see a stop to the crashing servers exploit
* There is no release date yet because as I mentioned earlier, I'm waiting for the programmer from BFBC2. So until he is back on BF2142 I can't estimate how long he will take to finish the update. There has been closed beta testing of the update with Combat Studios which is why we know of the major loading bug we have to deal with.
* Operation Blue Pearl is Assault Lines
* There are currently no extra Titan maps included.
* Mac will get this update as quick as it can be converted from PC to Mac. This process isn't done by DICE so we will leave 1.50 servers running for Mac players until 1.51 comes out for the Mac. Then all 1.50 ranked servers will be shut down.
There are fixes, mainly around stability and account security. As previously mentioned 1.50 was the main BF2142 update. 1.51 is a minor increment update to fix the security issues. We just threw in 3 maps for you. Not too bad for an incremental update really.[/blockquote]
[/quote1259128704]
Lets hope the programmer gets back to BF2142 shortly :).

cant they at least fix that transport gun? I mean howcome a multi national company like EA screw up on such a simple thing?!

It's a matter of money and scheduling most likely.

It's a matter of WHO THE FUCK PROGRAMMED THIS SHIT SO BADLY most likely.

Battlefileld 2142 and Northern Strike:

First I apologize for bad English, because depend on translators to communicate.

I'm having trouble accessing the games On Line Battlefield 2142, when they get kicked by Punkbuster, play Northern Strike the message:
"this server only allows players with unmodified content to join. Revert your version of battlefield 2142 to the current official version to join"

My game and original, and as I am concerned not changed my game, and I've been playing games (Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 2) on line for some time (11/06/2007).

Please help me.

Who can help me, please send the link highlighted.

Here is some more information on the new maps with a couple of screen shots posted here:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-2142/854112-list-fixes-1-51-patch-please-4.html

Here is a post from Jason Brice, the one who has created the new maps:

THE MAP INDEED HAS A GOLIATH (although no flag can be capped by sitting in the Goliath)...A FEW MECS, AND A SPEEDER OR TWO. IT IS 64, 32, 16 ASSAULT LINES. I cannot reveal name at this time. (and no, I did not do Leipzig...all time favorites there).

As far as Titan maps, we did have one in the works, but most likely wont make the build, as it was submitted a little late. However, with the release of free Northern Strike Content, most (since they don't have NS) will be getting two new titan maps from that.

I will say that everyone should have the CORRECT build for 1.5, with northern strike included. This will make the install go much smoother...ya'all can get a head start on that now. Making a full patch for this would be difficult, as the current 1.51 build is around 1.1 gigs, which means a full patch would entail a couple gigs at least...way too big of a download.

Despite all of what you have heard, you are still in for some great surprises. I'm sure there will be some good/bad comments...Just remember this...

A lot of people have donated their time, and efforts to make this possible. Please have respect for all of us, as we did not GAIN anything financially from this experience...WE SIMPLY LOVE THE GAME, and WANT TO SEE PEOPLE CONTINUING THEIR FUN WITH 2142.

Nice. It sounds like they've been putting in some time and quite a bit of effort on this patch.

thats goods im glad to hear that there are people who acutally care about this game, well lets see how it is when it comes out

The modders care about their maps a great deal, and it will surely be very nice to see another night map, which is also pretty big apparently. I'm sure the maps will be quality (I enjoyed Shingle quite a bit while it lasted, and WI too).

However, as far as the "surprises" he was talking about go, I think he was talking about the maps.

There is still supposedly one programmer working on the core game/server stability etc., so I'm certainly not expecting miracles...

Good lord i hope the do fix the transport gun at some point though... I'd actually rather have that over the server stability if I had to pick, but that's just me :p

They probably just don't care enough to fix the gameplay mechanic bugs =/

Back