Mirror's Edge

HeatSurge

Does anyone else play Mirror's Edge? Add me as a friend - HeatSurge and post here.

It's a truly awesome game. It's kind of got the vibe of "Portal" as far as graphics, the feel of the movie "Equilibrium" and the gameplay of "Prince of Persia" from first person perspective. The music is really cool as well - kind of a mix of ambient / chillout and pulsing trance / drum'n'bass.

Totally love it so far (I've finished 6 of 9 chapters). It also has "Arenas" for time trials after you finish the story mode and then a downloadable pack with "cool" levels is coming at the end of Jan I think...

Even the gunplay (which was criticized on most reviews) isn't bad at all by any means. It's not AS polished as the rest of the game but it's still very fluid and works more than adequately.

Good job to DICE for all their work on this. If only BF2142 was so polished...

Is this multiplayer or only singleplayer?

The multiplayer portion is just times... you can't race at the same time - there's just a leaderboard and times. You can run other people's ghosts and compete that way, but that's it.

It's still quite a bit of fun and the atmosphere the game creates is quite nice.

Back