Logitech G400 optical gaming mouse

Bob369963

Ban Manager/Moderator
article_label_fileunder.gif
Gaming, Peripherals
Logitech G400 optical gaming mouse available for pre-order, wants to replace your aging MX518

By Joe Pollicino posted Jun 13th 2011 7:56AM

It's been almost a decade since Logitech introduced the now revered and oft-imitated MX518 optical gaming mouse, and this mainstay peripheral is finally getting a well-deserved upgrade as the new G400. Externally, the design isn't much different; it's merely sporting a stealthier grey hue and a cable that's "thinner and twenty-five percent lighter." All of the tweaks Logitech has made to help improve your fragging life are internal. The optical sensor is twice as sensitive with a maximum 3,600 DPI resolution (selectable down to 400) that maintains a tracking speed of 140 inches per second, and the mouse reports 1,000 times per second over USB (up from 250). This little guy will even work with the macros on G-series keyboards. If your clicker-finger is starting to itch for one, $50 will snag you a pre-order from Logitech in the US where it's due out on June 19th, while the rest of the planet will have to rock their 518s into July.

nah the G500 is quite a bit different, the DPI buttons are off to the side rather then being next to the wheel, harder to reach, I can't stand it (I have the G500), also the G500 has a 3rd Thumb button, although I have yet to get it to work in BF2. And it may just be me but I liked the shape of my old MX518, my G500 seems just a bit different, took some getting used to, but I'm thinking I might get the G400 and see if I like it better then the G500.

My favorite feature on the G500 is the quick scroll feature, you can disengage the click action for the wheel and then it free wheels for super fast scrolling, I use it alot. Thats the only thing I wished the MX518/G400 had.

When I broke my MX518, I was gonna just buy another one but found a G500 for only $5 more then the MX518 on Ebay so thats why I have the G500.

Logitech_G500.jpg

I really want a G300; an updated version of the G3 (which has a really basic body).

Back