Knifing 101

Tanker385

BANNED
BANNED
hello everyone this is Tanker385's knifing 101 guide/tutorial. Now if your the type of person who enjoys knifing and getting tags or is having trouble getting please try some of this and let me know if it helps k.

first thing people do to gain tags is attacking from behind. this is where people wait or just see at in the open creeping around trying to get a good shot off. and when your not paying attention you lose your tags. this can be very rewarding if it is someone you know or someone whos tags you want. A counter to this is...............watch your back lol.

another strategy is attacking head on. this is where you see someone and you just full out attack with the blade. i suggest you add a crouch, dolphin dive or bunny hop to this. (explained later). a way to counter is to add your own bunny hop to avoid being cut.

The crouch is when you have your knife out and when you get near the enemy you press ctrl and swing. this is effective because if the enemy sees you he will shoot for the face/torso. so when u drop to a knee he will miss some fatal shots allowing you to get the tags. (warning: you may have about 10 hp left). a counter to this is to back up fast or bunny hop and shoot at the player or knife him. (FYI: this is my favorite move)

The dolphin dive is when you run to the enemy and jump at him and as your in the air you press z and swing. In some cases it is near impossible to get the guy attacking's tags if your in a knife fight. i dont know why this is but if you try to knife him when hes doing it to you, you will probably lose. A counter to this is backin up really fast and kill him before he gets up. (FYI the really good players who have set this to a proffession can get you even if you are shooting at them because of speed of whatever so try to be at a long distance from them.)

lastly you have the bunny hop. this is a last ditch effort to get someones tags. this is where you just keep juming either to confuse them or to cause them not to shoot at you easily enough to kill you. i do this if i am doing a head on attack. when bunny hopping over to them it is harder for them to hit so when you do get up to them add a crough or dolphin dive to get them.

i hope this helped everyone, and please let me know what you think or if i should add something that you think is a good strategy.

so try and get some tags 021

heres a vid of the dolphin dive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9T8TYU7Wog&feature=related

Nice guide ;). I'm sure many will benefit :).

Can someone explain to me what the value of getting tags is?

Is knifing your enemy the only way to get the?

Yep, you get them only from knifing. I got a new one this afternoon, took him head on. Kinda scared because Balls wants to add mine to his massive collection.

I already have them Mac :) but, even better I have Amazon's. It took a few times, one on a server crash; but, later I redemed myself with sixer being a decoy. The first one was better after I disarmed his rdx and rushed in and shanked him.

Damn, I forgot that you got them a while ago behind silo 2 on Suez , I think. I am now resisting the urge to double tap people when I come up behind them. Shanked a guy later last night at 3 when he podded in a laid down. Sweet!

If I could just get all the players on the opposing team to lay down motionless, I would have no problems getting those knifing badges. Then again, if I wanted someone to lay motionless for me I could always call Soulzz Mom. Just kidding Soulzz, I am sure you already have my tags and I don't want you trying to get them more.

Hmm I can't remember but I think I got the knifing badges legit actually...

The pistol ones though... would be a PITA, especially gold.

Back