Just wanted to say

WildRaider

BANNED
BANNED
Hey meat just wanted to say thanks for the help...The firefox worked for me...It is gonna take some getting used to though...My wife claims she used to use firefox before and that it always gave her viruses...Do I need to be worried about that at all? Also will having to different ways to the internet conflict at all with windows updates or anything? Plus the only other thing I gotta get used to is having to click the firefox symbol instead of the usual blue e's that im used to clicking...

If anything Firefox could prevent you from getting viruses especially if you run NoScript and AdBlock Plus because it will block anything unwanted. I also recommend the WoT add-on (Web of Trust) it'll warn you if you're about to go to a shady website.

Firefox will in no way affect your Windows updates and Firefox will update itself and any add-ons automatically.

Been using Firefox for a long time and so far it has been great. Like Soldier said about those add-on's, get them as they will help, then check out the hundreds more they have available. A lot of good ones out there :D

standard install doesnt have all the addons. addons are just like it sound they are additions to the main program. they can do anything from blocking harmful sites to making it easy to download youtube videos. and much more. if you go to tools>addons>get addons then you can browse for them.

IE gets worse and worse as time goes on. And, I gotta say, I not a very big fan of Chrome. Using chrome make me feel like someone is watching - big brother built in or some shit

No offense to your wife, but no browser will protect you from yourself. If you click on a link and download crap, it will infect your computer whether you're using firefox, chrome, ie, or even a text mode browser...

Download smart, and you should be fine.

I love Chrome. Very efficient, good tab management, etc :).

Yeah my wife is not as computer smart as me...lol...She likes to think she is tho...

Back