Insurgency and Ping

TheShrimp

Hello everyone. lately we've been having a pretty bad issue with high pingers on the Insurgency server. Currently the limit is set at 300 ping. But anything above 200 results in constant teleporting (higher the less they show up in your frames obviously). It's at the point where in maps that aren't wide open someone with 230 or so ping can pretty much walk up to the cache and blow it without anyone being able to stop them. Myself and many of the others who play on a regular basis were wondering if we can get the ping limit reduced down to 200? Eitherway, thank you. And can someone tag Chrome please?

Reactions: Jev
What server? I play on Rush and see very little of it. Also this is a very low pop game (2000 daily) so its hard not to let them play.

I play skirmish, which stays full from about 12pm to about 3am. The issue is that it's driving away players that put in a legitimate effort. most of us regulars are tired of watching what may as well be glitching used to win matches (even though they have no control of it). I still feel like 200 is fair to include people from many different countries, but beyond that is hurting us. This trend really started about 3 steam sells ago.

Head admin will look into this. We have 3 admin that play on that server often.

I've lowered it to 200 limit from now on, see how that plays out for all of us.

We'll see how it plays out. The biggest issue is packet loss rather than ping, and although its correlated it's not completely the same.

Reporting in nearly a month later. Quality of life in skirmish has improved quite a bit. A lot of the perpetual high pingers have chosen to move on. However, our current issue is with edgy teenagers screaming racial slurs into the mic. I really should start recording, but I digress. Eitherway, thanks for the ping limit!

I hate to reopen this but the ping limit seemingly reversed itself. We're starting to have the same issue we were in the past with high ping players in the upper 200s all the way up to 500s. If you could check on it, we'd appreciate it!

There is no sourcemod on our servers and as a result no plugins are operational.

The game released a new update and source-mod never really provided an update for insurgency. If we turn source-mod back on it crashes the servers non stop. Still waiting for that update.

You'll notice there are no plugins on the server for a month or so now.

Also to note, Insurgency Sandstorm comes out in less than 4 months :).

I've noticed but didn't realize ping limits were a plug in. Now I know. Also Sandstorm won't have any single life modes or skirmish. D:

They'll have a ton of stuff, and new shit. I think we'll be fine :).

I've been manually kicking players when I'm on who are over 250 ping when I'm on. Been playing INS again bc I'm hyped for ins:ss

The game released a new update and source-mod never really provided an update for insurgency. If we turn source-mod back on it crashes the servers non stop. Still waiting for that update.

There are dev builds avail for MetaMod + SourceMod which work with the current version of Insurgency. On my server I've been running MM 1.11.0-dev build 1105 with SM 1.10.0.6273 (click on the 6273 build) for about a month now without any problems with stability or anything... other than the usual ViLayer downtime, lol.

I heard some people say that while they've done updates to MM + SM in the past, they had some problems with this update unless they completely removed MetaMod + SourceMod, then added them both back. I'm assuming they tried just replacing files and for some reason it didn't work. But if there's any problems or anything this thread should help you out: https://github.com/alliedmodders/sourcemod/issues/809

Best of luck
prevent2.gif

I think that version works. Skirmish seems like it has the plugins running and not crashing.

The Push server is full so I will wait until that empties probably tomorrow.

Back