I'm gaming on a Mac... and I broke it.

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
So I've managed to get my hands on a late 2012 iMac with a i5-3470s, 8GB DDR3 and a GT650M. There is one thing that's useful about having a mac in a Crappless house. I can do iOS development for work easier.

I do my fair share of Mac moves at work but I really barely know anything about supporting users. In reality all operating systems are roughly the same with Linux being for jobless bums who don't care and Apple is for... Stuff. This is gonna be fun.

Day 1 Minute 15
Reinstalling MacOS doesn't delete shit. As it turns out using the disk utility does erase the OS. Fuck.

As it turns out Mac's can connect to the internet to do an OS install from recovery. That's neat only wifi isn't usable if the security settings aren't to their liking...

37488682_905961076254127_8331380988164702208_n.jpg

Day 1 Hour 1
I of course downloaded chrome. Maximizing goes really full screen and the minimize button stops existing. That is fucking annoying. Hope there is a setting to do regular full screen or some shit.

Day 3 Hour 2
Looks like I will be playing Kerbal Space Program. Between my GPU and what games I can play... Metro 2033 is probably not in the cards.
Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 11.24.55 PM (2).png

Twas not my original intention to use this thing full time. But full immersion will probably be best and my CAD laptop is still at my side. So this is probably how the battlestation will evolve for now.
39246777_291181128140795_2521735944143372288_n.jpg

I wish I had that much real-estate for a battle station :D.

Mac's have good utility. Just a hefty price mark up on outdated hardware. Lol. I have a mac just for learning end user support and a file management server.

Mac's have good utility. Just a hefty price mark up on outdated hardware. Lol. I have a mac just for learning end user support and a file management server.

Yeah I think if I use it on a day to day basis I will be able to provide better support when we have to deal with Apple products. Luckily most of the time we just plug it in and I don't get a lot of post move help desk tickets that are Mac specific. Right now I am too busy to game and that's the one thing I truly need my desktop for. My laptop and the Mac are about on par with each other otherwise. Using Office, OneDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc most of the stuff I use works on Mac. PHPstorm will run on a fucking potato if you ask nicely enough. So really its about the day to day shit mac users are used to that i know jack shit about.

glad to see i am not the only crazy one, people say i am nuts for having 5 monitors in a row until they see me working on 20 PC's at a time....total work bench in my man cave is 18 feet....work bench can see a stack of servers to a transmission...and if the cops are looking at the bong its legal in my state....

as for MAC....after 20 years of using mac i will NEVER go back....its sad my 09 imac will run windows 10 but cant get the newest OS from crapple......my 2012 crap book pro is DEAD and fired itself from a small heat sink that crapple wont fix.....

IMG_1871.JPG
IMG_1872.JPG
IMG_1873.JPG

glad to see i am not the only crazy one, people say i am nuts for having 5 monitors in a row until they see me working on 20 PC's at a time....total work bench in my man cave is 18 feet....work bench can see a stack of servers to a transmission...and if the cops are looking at the bong its legal in my state....

as for MAC....after 20 years of using mac i will NEVER go back....its sad my 09 imac will run windows 10 but cant get the newest OS from crapple......my 2012 crap book pro is DEAD and fired itself from a small heat sink that crapple wont fix.....

I see you are very prepared:
upload_2018-11-12_9-21-42.png

the paper towels or the bong water??? that little container just above the paper towels is the bong water.....

Back