I need some help with my comp...grrrrr

Eddie

Well i would thank for the help guys :) .... ok i got a bad prob lately and is not allowing me to play BF2142 so im gonna describe it :

I've been having this problem for about 3 weeks and its driving me nuts cuz my computer keeps freezing so often and i thought it may be an internet problem so i called my IPS and asked about what was goin on on my internet but they didnt find anything wrong so i thought maybe was my game config so i just uninstalled the game and tried to play again but time passed and it didnt work so i was wondering that maybe it was a virus so i just ran my antivirus program and found a freeze.exe file somewhere and it couldnt delete it by itself and the only way to do it was manually so i tried to find it in every single folder but i never found it...well things were getting worse and my comp kept crashing anytime and it wasnt just in the game so i decide to uninstall my whole system and reinstall it back ..so i did it this sunday...so i was feeling good thinking that all my probs were fixed but i was wrong till i got into the game it crashed 4 times again and now i have no clue what to do...any idea about what i should do?

type freeze.exe in search when you click on start on the bottom and you can locate it. Also, what kind of anti virus do you have, do you have anti-spyware?

well i have both ....but my HD is clean cuz i reinstalled Windows so it might be a different problem (game config.) nor my internet conections (i've been using my regular ethernet on my motherboard) and maybe i will get a new PCI Ethernet Card and see if that may help....jeez

Eddie I'd recommend a few things:

Search freeze.exe on Google
Use http://www.greatis.com/appdata/d/f/freeze.exe_Removal.htm
Follow the instructions - This is malware so I'm assuming you either read an email with a virus attached or downloaded a bad file.

I would personally highly recommend using the following tools to safe-guard yourself - NOD32 Anti-Virus, Tuneup Utilities 2008, WiseRegistryCleaner, CCleaner.

Good luck!

any of that freeware? i still need a few of those programs.

roth, i can probably upload a copy of tune up 08 as im a fan of that program. ill uload it tonight and shoot you the link. it will be uploaded as a *freeware* just for you. ;)

waa waa :( i was deleting that freeze.exe file using ur program Soulzz but it deleted another component in my comp grrr imma burn this dynoputer...anyone wants some ribs? lol

035 well i had to reinstall Windows again now im running XP Pro rawr..so lets see what happens tonite.... 005 :D

[quote1212502074=Monkey]
roth, i can probably upload a copy of tune up 08 as im a fan of that program. ill uload it tonight and shoot you the link. it will be uploaded as a *freeware* just for you. ;)
[/quote1212502074]

thatd be awesome. im running vista 64 ultimate with no add ons yet. just the os. i lack protection.

Back