Help with new PC

I have the 24 prong and the 8 prong power connectors hooked up. Just swapped the power supply and nothing changed. Is it possible the mobo is junk?

I'd try a total reassembly meticulously following the mobo manual.

Where in maine are you? If you are close I could always bring my rig over and test things

Most mobos come with a troubleshooting checklist - I would check off everything. I'm thinking video card since NOTHING is going on screen. You may not be getting POST beeps because the mobo you have does not have a speaker (or does it?) Reseat video card. Reconnect video card power to PSU. Does your mobo have a vga port to plug the monitor into instead of video card? As for the fans spinning up then turning off - that can be normal because some fans stay off until they reach a certain temperature.

Last edited:
Did you remove the GPU and boot it with the onboard graphics?

I had the same issue with a previous build. I can almost guarantee your BIOS is not upto date. If that doesn't show a boot screen, then you need to RMA your board.

Edit- I highly doubt your board is bad, Your board is actually tested to make sure it works properly. Just hook your monitor into your PC directly with no GPU installed and see what happens.

Last edited:
If you have more issues as you go use the steps below its what i have had to do in the past. Nice catch withe CPU Pins.

Does your Mobo have onboard video? If so use that when doing first setup. Then start with the baby steps.
1 stick of RAM and CPU with minimal fans to none if possible. No HD, sound card, add on cards, or video cards slotted or plugged. Once you know you can get to the BIOS and see things in it add components in 1 at a time. I go Memory first. Then HD, fans, and video card at the end.

it takes a bit longer, but it is wayyyy easier to figure out what you have plugged in wrong or what is not working, then guessing and trying random combinations.

Ah, so you put the cpu in wrong and bent the pins. :)

It was seated correctly, so either the pin was already bent (my fault for not inspecting), or it somehow got bent in the process. I would like to thank everyone for their help though. Even you Soulzz

I have the 24 prong and the 8 prong power connectors hooked up. Just swapped the power supply and nothing changed. Is it possible the mobo is junk?

Are you sure the 24 prong and the 8 prong power connectors are seated correctly? Don't press to hard you don't want to crack the mobo. I have the same mobo.

Back