Gun Talk

Dirty-Lex

Admin
Admin
Hey fellas, i have been looking into getting a new handgun for a daily carry.

I have a couple that I have been thinking about.

FN-57
FNX-45

PPQ
VPN-9
SW M&P 9 Shield.

I am looking for a higher capacity, around 8-12 rounds total. I carried a Kimber Custom II for about a year and it was nice, but big. I was looking to carry something a little more compact every day that I would'nt have to worry taking up my entire hip.

Hence why I have the shield up there, she's a pretty decent little gun, the range I go to all the time has a loner one, and Ive gotten really good with it.

I have always wanted a 5.7 but ammunition costs seem way too steep to make shooting enjoyable without losing my shirt or getting into reloading to make it an everyday thing. but having 20 rounds of AP that can reach and touch a motherfucker through a car door would be pretty sweet. Fortunately, I don't have to protect POTUS so I think I may be good to go on skipping owning a 5.7, but I want one bad, but Im not sure shelling out 1000 bucks on a all polymer gun is what I want to do.

The FNX-45 with a double stacked .45 looks fucking amazing, and I am leaning heavily towards that, unless I can find a used VPN-9 that I can shoot.

I did see a really good review from the PPQ that this dude did, which caught my attention, id like to check it out.

What do you guys think?/carry

I use a Ruger SR9c for my daily carry. You can use the 10 round mag or the 17 round. Very good gun. I removed the magazine disconnect safety though. That shit is kind of stupid IMO. I've put over 2k rounds through it with every kind of cheap ammo and never had any issues.

I shot the mod2 40 and absolutely hated it, I felt like it was going to jump out of my hand the entire, same with the Ruger, SR9C. even when I used the cup grip, I hated the recoil action and reset. after 1 magazine I was like "nope fuck this" lol.

I like the shield with the extended magazines, I am definitely going to get the extended magazine for it for sure.

Shit, sounds like the shield is a good fit. I tried that one and want to get one too. Anything bigger than the sc are a little bulky but some the of the sc jump around while others don't. Hey, speaking of which have you tried the Kimber Ultra carry II? That's a small size, thin, and has less felt recoil than some of the full sized .45's I've shot. I thought it was very comparable to firing a 9mm. After the first couple of shots I pulled the magazine out and checked the ammo because I couldn't believe I was firing .45. That's one soft-firing baby.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/ultra-carry-ii/ultra-carry-ii

I think you have your choice already Lex. If it feels right and shoots right in your hand, then that is the one for you. As long as it meets all your other requirements I'd say buy that one. Doesn't matter how good a gun is spec wise or feature wise if it just doesn't shoot well for you it will likely just hamper you when you really need it.

Like your new avatar Lex, I didn't know you transitioned already.

Speaking from personal experience (which isn't terribly extensive). I would not buy a Taurus anything. I tested a 9mm. It jammed a lot. We gave it back to the gun shop owner to service and it still jammed. In this session we also tried a glock 9mm, various .45s, MP5, .50 AE, Colt Python, and 357 magnum. None of those other guns jammed a single time except for the Taurus 9mm, which did that repeatedly regardless of the operator.

Probably shouldn't be posting this here but.........
this is what I use for personal and home defense.

Just got a new Krayt Pearl in it.
It's 3rd generation and was made with the highest quality Culsion Inert Gas.

EvbtnOI.jpg

Have you thought about the S&W SD9/40 VE? It's a great gun for the value. Comes in 9mm and 40. Mag is 16 rounds for the 9mm, which I own, and I think 14 for the 40. I've fired about 600 rounds through it with out issue and comes at a great price.

I'm not interested in making a new thread so I'm necroing this one hard.

The European Commission is working on outlawing all semi-automatic weapons with the reasoning that the world has turned far too unstable. Let that sink in for a while.

Doesn't surprise me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Nice! Is that the EAA SAR K2P? Never mind, I see the Witness PS on the butt.

EAA Tanfoglio Witness .40 cal. Buddy of mine sold it to me for $200. He just bought a Glock, gave me the Semper Fi deal on it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back