Great Second Assault Server!

FreedomEagle

I've had your Second Assault Server in my favorites for a long time. I really do like playing on Firestorm and Caspian Boarder. Not sure if they are in your Clan or not, but I always find someone willing to trade long shots! You do a great job at running this server! Thanks!

I've been noticing that your servers have been going down in the middle of a game a lot lately... Server farm problems?

Could be a myriad of things, recent patch, DDoS, etc.

This server restarts everyday at 5 pm eastern. It tells you this when you join the server.

The other crashes/restarts is not from hardware. 99% are battlelog related or DDOS attacks (and there hasn't been any lately)

Also just because you get disconnected does not mean server issue. I get disconnected from battlelog once a day

I've read and understand the restart everyday at 5:00 PM. And I'm not complaining about your servers....I was just wondering if you all have noticed anything odd. I've been "disconnected" a few times a day and noticed that the server count drops to zero and restarts on Gulf each time. That's not normal....I've been playing this game since BF Viet Nam....Just posting observations.....

I've read and understand the restart everyday at 5:00 PM. And I'm not complaining about your servers....I was just wondering if you all have noticed anything odd. I've been "disconnected" a few times a day and noticed that the server count drops to zero and restarts on Gulf each time. That's not normal....I've been playing this game since BF Viet Nam....Just posting observations.....

If I had an answer as to why Battlelog and DICE couldn't fix their shit I would tell you. Just be assured that nobody has better hardware than we do and server "crashes" has 0 correlation to our hardware.
If you played since BF Viet you would know that DICE is no stranger when it comes to stability issues with BF gameservers. Been like for years.
It restarts on Gulf because that's the first map of the rotation so what do you think will happen the server recovers from a restart or crash? Back to the first map on the list..

Aside from the main problem that lies with DICE. We are also a popular community. When you are popular people get jealous and want to take you down, hence DDOS/network attacks. That's not hardware related issue, the jealous folks want you to think that it's the servers. Just food for thought.

Thanks for the email and explanation. I just didn't want anyone thinking that I was bitching about your servers. And Yes, I know very well that DICE really doesn't care about anything but selling their games. "Screw anyone who complains about how they deal with the problems of the game". And yes, I understand that Gulf of Oman is the first in the line up. Battlefield has lost a lot of gamers because of the way they deal (or don't deal) with problems. I've built two gaming systems since I started playing this game and a good system has a lot to do with some of the problems but most of the problems they "could" alleviate by getting off their arses and "earning the money they get paid" for being programmers.

I love your second assault server and will continue to play on it until I need to build another system....then I'll be back with a vengeance once I build the next system.

Thanks again for responding with the email. Even my "old Clan" didn't do that unless you were banned from the server!....LOL

I've gotten this twice tonight:
upload_2015-9-16_21-50-12.png
Not sure why.

EIther reserve slots or lost connection to battlelog if you were kicked by an actual admin you would see our message

EeuRmrE.png

Again, another DICE issue they just have generic message for reserve slots and sometimes lost connections. You would have to direct these questions to DICE or post on battlelog.

Is this another DICE problem?:
upload_2015-9-17_22-30-26.png

Server crashed just before 10:30 PM ET tonight. This has happened a few times over the past few weeks in the evenings.

More than likely. You'd be surprised at how many crashes are DICE related; Battlelog or Blaze/DDoS.

EIther reserve slots or lost connection to battlelog if you were kicked by an actual admin you would see our message

EeuRmrE.png

Again, another DICE issue they just have generic message for reserve slots and sometimes lost connections. You would have to direct these questions to DICE or post on battlelog.
Cool....Thanks! I'll see "if" I get any reply from them.

Appears the server lost connection to their master server something we cannot control. No signs of attacks to our network.

Back