Game Freezing on me today

MacN8r

Ban Manager
Admin
Has anyone else had issues with the game freezing on them today? It has happened on both TGB and IZI servers to me at least 5 times today. i know my ping was between 30 and 53 when I was able to get into a game. The game will just suddenly lock up and cause me to have to reboot my system. I was not even able to get the task manager to come up to end the game.

Read the EA forums. It's happening to a lot of people, not just yourself. I don't know of a fix, unfortunately :(.

Once again, dry humped by EA! I know that if I ask a question here, I will at least get a response. With EA, we don't even get a reach around. Thanks for the info Soulzz, I will just keep trying to play and hope it sorts itself out.

That started for me on Monday. It's frustrating as hell. I found something that works for me, but it doesn't seem to work for everyone. I just deleted the 2142 cache folder, uninstalled 2142, reinstalled 2142, patch 1.50 and do not run any other applications besides ventrilo in the background. So far, this allows me to play without freezing. The second I launch any other program in the background, fraps, TS, etc. the game freezes, usually forcing a reboot. 075

Mine's been freezing since Sunday, tried everything and nothing seems to fix it.

[quote1233310152=squirrel17404p]
the fix is to remove all EA games off your system
[/quote1233310152]

I've gotta try this one.

I wonder though, is this a permanent or a temporary fix?

Maybe it's not really a "fix" but rather a workaround?

By removing said EA games from ones computer - is like preventing pregnancy. Abstinence.... but we all know the only one that isn't getting any is remorce - so complain or dont complain, there is no whining.

I vote for "spray and pray" over abstinence. I will keep them installed and hope it works out, month by month.

mine was freezing also it started when i installed windows sp3 for WINDOWS XP i uninstalled sp3 and my game went back to normal it happen on both my machines even my quad core if you are freezing and have xp service pack 3 remove it from your machine and try again

[quote1233347784=cjjeans]
By removing said EA games from ones computer - is like preventing pregnancy. Abstinence.... but we all know the only one that isn't getting any is remorce - so complain or dont complain, there is no whining.
[/quote1233347784]

What are you talking about CJ? Where do you think I go when I'm "off to class?" I'll give you a hint, it's Remorce's house.

:fisting :fisting :fisting

HAHA - :fisting
I had my suspicions... wondering why he wasn't putting out for me anymore. Well - better you than me.

[blockquote]Jesus Christ. You guys have erious Issues. [/blockquote]

WTF are you talking about. :fisting is fun for everyone!

Back on topic-there's a post on 2142 forums that has worked for me and Falcon to get our games running without freezing again. Basically: go to your program files/ea games/2142/PB and delete all the htm. files in there. (I had 16 in there should have 9). Next, update PB manually.

Back