For those into RTS Hybrids - Check this out!

Soulzz

Founder
Retired Founder
Frozen Synapse: A Simultaneous-Turn-Based Strategy Game!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aXbsSLeINhg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aXbsSLeINhg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Here is the planned feature list for the full version...

Unique simultaneous-turn-based gameplay!
Multiplayer: Hostage Rescue, Disputed, Secure (bidding-based mode), Extermination, Charge
Single player: Campaign, Skirmish, Puzzle
Hand-crafted maps, random map generator, map editor
Community features: Friend List, rate and comment on games, Personal Feed, Daily and Global Rankings, Instant Matchmaking
One-click match export to YouTube
Slick, modern UI to make planning simple and intuitive
Evocative music and audio by electronic musician nervous_testpilot
Facebook and Twitter integration
Here is the status of the current beta...

Multiplayer: all modes are gameplay-complete and functional
Single player: Puzzle and Skirmish are functional; Campaign is not included
Community features: Feed, rating and comments, basic rankings and Instant Matchmaking are available
Hand-crafted maps and random map generator available, map editor is an early version
YouTube export is functional
UI has been through one intensive testing phase and is fully functional
Audio is functional but basic
Facebook and Twitter integration are not included
A basic interactive tutorial and tutorial video ARE included
There is an active community of players but you will also receive a free beta key for a friend to ensure that you can always get a game
All screenshots and video on this site are from the current beta; the game currently looks great but we are still polishing it!

huh this looks interesting I might just have to check this out. been awhile since there hasn't been just another poor made RTS. Looks kinda cool but who knows it could be crap in the end.

It's like chess. I've played it and I like it. The game mode is pretty quick and it really makes you think.

Back