False Server Numbers Reporting Fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fresh Pizza

BANNED
BANNED
I see the servers are now reporting the correct number of people that are playing. Thank you for whatever part you guys had in getting that fixed.

They sure are fixed. For now. It was a group of hackers that would flood our servers. That has subsided now. Thanks for all the support!

They sure are fixed. For now. It was a group of hackers that would flood our servers. That has subsided now. Thanks for all the support!
What would be the motivation for doing that? And, how did they appear to be in the server when they were not actually in there?

they were flooding the servers with join requests.....its a off shoot of a DOS attack

I see the servers are now reporting the correct number of people that are playing. Thank you for whatever part you guys had in getting that fixed.

There are two different kind. One is an attack and one is a seeding service.

We used the seeding service but someone was using it to maliciously attack ours and few others. A dice representative has confirmed the attack method “queuebotting” will be stopped it has automatically affected our seeding service probably temporarily. The issue was to prevent spamming the queue. The seeding service will most likely resume soon

I always hated that, seeing 14 ppl in the server so I join and it's empty..... I'd have to go to the other server. I was always like, ffs TBG.... Lol.

I always hated that, seeing 14 ppl in the server so I join and it's empty..... I'd have to go to the other server. I was always like, ffs TBG.... Lol.
At times it would show the Naval Strike server as full with a waiting line to get in, in reality me and 2 other dudes would be in there twirling our dicks waiting for people to join.

At times it would show the Naval Strike server as full with a waiting line to get in, in reality me and 2 other dudes would be in there twirling our dicks waiting for people to join.

That’s because of the attacks making very hard for people from actually joining

Geeze. Those "hackers" people need jobs... Obviously they were terrible hackers.... Lol

It’s not a flood it’s a seeding service now. The flood to the point you can’t join has stopped officially thanks to Dice fixing that
Ok, well the seeding service was saying there's 54 players in there and at the time there were 11. Not sure how that helps.

It does work and it’s widely used by many.

Naval strike server wouldn’t even have 11 players to begin if it wasn’t for it. And you are looking at our weakest server. Naval strike might in fact change if this keeps up due to lack of players wanting to play in this server type setup. Right now sitting at 46.

All other servers have been benefiting quite a lot. You can visit the game tracker banner for confirmation on main page.

If it bothers you, you can always opt out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back