F@!%ing Updates to my PC

upload_2015-5-6_20-12-36.png

http://www.catching.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Parker-Tubing-Bending-Fab.pdf

lol, I think I see what they're saying so I just need to do some calculations and then experiment with it a bit. Thanks Red!

You could put it up in your library and ask for money for the "physics experiment" you're presenting

if im ever in texas, I am gunna come by for a lesson
Sure, if you're willing to pay I'm willing to build!
Ill buy you a six pack and some tubing to make a soulzz is gay water loop sign and you show me a couple things.

I really think rigid looks way more....logical/efficient in a sense.

if im ever in texas, I am gunna come by for a lesson

Ill buy you a six pack and some tubing to make a soulzz is gay water loop sign and you show me a couple things.

I really think rigid looks way more....logical/efficient in a sense.

It is more efficient and logical in the layout but it's also more difficult to visualize since there are so many approaches that depend on your vision of how it could work and working in the third dimension, IMO, so it's something of a challenge to make your visions confine to reality if that makes any sense. Anyway, come on by I've got my workbench set up for it with all the tools and would be happy to show you how to do this and what not to do, more importantly!

lol... let me find out the benefits of liquid cooling and get back to you...

For me, it's the temperature difference. Living in the South it gets hot and running the video card and cpu on air cooling makes a room hot as fuck here so water cooling keeps my office cooler which keeps me more comfortable. Some do it for aesthetics but for me it's mainly comfort so I'm not sweating while gaming.

#1 killer to PC hardware is heat. Watercooling is far more beneficial to component longevity(air cooling<water cooling in MOST temp tests). May have a tad more maintenance(unless you go sealed loops)...but lower temps alone will be beneficial.

Okay, I took some better pics in my office today instead of the garage at night and I think these look way better.

rubysidepanel.JPG

rubred3.JPG

ruby4.JPG

rubyradfans.JPG

980ruby.JPG

rubytoptubing.JPG

bottom3.JPG

This one's not a good photo, but kitty decided to help take pics and jumped in the middle of shooting:
Sapphira help.JPG

IMG_8244.JPG

Thanks Red, that warms the cockles of my heart. In all seriousness, thank you I'm glad you like it.

LIKE THE cat pic
So Red mentioned something interesting last night when I was lamenting the tubing not being visually even from the cpu to reservoir even though the measurements are accurate.
A possible remedy (if you haven't fixed it). Why not swap in/out fittings on CPU wBlock, and change up a couple bends/angles might give that "even " look you were wanting. hell, you could even rotate the tube from top res to your liking and still would look sexy.

2015-05-09 20_40_20-F@!%ing Updates to my PC _ Page 3 _ TBGclan.com _ True Born Gaming.png
ever think of 45ing the fitting on the res? looks like it would damn near level shot with less tubing.

**edit** just angle the 45 away from mobo cables and bend from there

View attachment 7597 ever think of 45ing the fitting on the res? looks like it would damn near level shot with less tubing.

**edit** just angle the 45 away from mobo cables and bend from there
Well, It would actually be easier to make a 45 degree bend than to use another fitting, but I see what you're saying. The reason I have that go up right now is to not cover the RAM slots otherwise if the memory goes bad or I want to add more, how do I get it in or out other than draining the loop, disconnecting tubing, and then inserting the RAM and reconnecting the tubing, refilling the loop, etc. I ordered some more tubing, since I ran out doing this project but once I get some more in then I'll work on the top tubing and straighten it out, right now if I mess it up I don't have any more to put in place if I make a screw up.

any way 45 (obtusely) away from the ram and still have enough room for RAM access?

Yeah that would work. Also a double 90 degree fitting, which is extended, would allow enough room to go straight over to the reservoir as well.

Okay, last updates for, well, hopefully not anytime soon.

I added a 2nd radiator, a 240mm to the front of the case and had to redo the tubing (of course). So I fixed the top tube to level it out and the bottom horizontal one was giving me fits getting a 90 degree bend in a short space that didn't look awkward as fuck so I went the lazy route and added an extender fitting and called it a day. I still haven't cleaned up the wiring so it's not exactly neat and tidy, but I'll fuck with that tomorrow.

Anyway, on to the Pics!

18253553616_bc8b5acc84_o.jpg

17657384434_c9965aaab1_o.jpg

2nd radiator side panelb.JPG

18091241530_b42278d3f3_o.jpg

View attachment 7771
2nd radiator fans4.JPG

bottom radiator tubing.JPG

drain valve1.JPG

cpu tubing.JPG

Last edited:
Back