F@!%ing Updates to my PC

try that, or +1 to:

if that rad will fit in your machine I would do that. If you are gunna run a loop with cpu/gpu do it. If you arent, I would try the rubber washer thing with your current cooler to drop your temps

**edit** if you decide to run a loop, get with @sixer9682 / @balls2dawall about drainage/fill ports. they are pretty experienced and have pink ass brains to pick on the topic!
As far as a drain loop I'd just hook up a quick disconnect direct to the bottom of that reservoir and be done with it.

Great kit, but be aware this has 7/16 x 5/8 fittings meaning you need tubing of the same size. It comes with tubing but when you go to replace it make sure to get that size.

Also, pay attention to the socket type for the cpu water block. This has Socket 1366 and 1150/1155/1156 but Not 2011.
It also comes with a 24pin ATX Bridge Tool-that lets you turn on the PSU to leak test without powering up the motherboard...very handy. The XSPC fans that are included are great fans for radiators. They're very quiet and have a fairly high static pressure-which is good for pushing air through radiators.
Thanks for the input Sixer! Good catch on the on the socket support!!

So a little testing now that I've had time to swap out GPUs after doing an RMA on the old one. Previously, I had a high of 9818 on Firestrike and now I got 10093 without overclocking the cpu beyond it's turbo setting :)

Running Intel burn test at 5.0ghz resulted in a high of 54C cpu and doing firestrike the gpu high was 32C :D

updated my gpu to an EVGA 980 SC with an EK water block and back plate and just ran the first run of Fire Strike without cpu overclock and got 12801 at 1505mhz for the video card...thing's a beast. I'll update the rig pictures later after I rearrange some stuff. http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4668378

980SC.JPG

980-3.JPG

980-2.JPG

I thought you where skipping the 980 upgrade? Nice card though. Your system is sweet.
I was gonna put money into water cooling but I bought a camper instead:)

I thought you where skipping the 980 upgrade? Nice card though. Your system is sweet.
I was gonna put money into water cooling but I bought a camper instead:)
I wasn't going to but the next batch this year is all 28nm also. I'd rather wait till' next year when the 16 or 14nm cards are out, I think we'll see huge improvements then. Plus, I got this for a low price so that worked for now and is definitely better than what I was running before.

So this is why rigid tubing is a PIA...

I swapped out the video cards in a few minutes, even with draining the loop. Then I mounted the rigid tubing compression fittings and lastly went connect the tubing except...the sizes of the cards differ by a little more than 1/2 inch which relates to my tubing not fitting from the gpu to the radiator and from the reservoir to the gpu GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

So okay, I grabbed some spare tubing, measured, cut, heated and bent, and put that in place but in order to do that I had to remove the tubing from the radiator to the cpu and remount it when done. So when that was all done I could finally fill the loop, test for leaks (there were none thankfully), and then reconnect the power to the MB. All of this took about 2 1/2 hours for a fucking gpu swap just to see if the fucking thing works.
And I didn't use the red tubing, of which I have a limited supply, since I'll be redoing most all of the tubing when I mount the reservoir to the back of the case anyway.

Anyhow, here's a couple of pics.

IMG_8187.JPG

IMG_8188.JPG

DSCF7606.JPG

DSCF7612.JPG

DSCF7613.JPG

Allright, last fucking updates for...IDK but jesus!

So I switched to an EVGA 980 SC with EK waterblock which necessitated changing the tubing so I figured I'd mount the reservoir to the back wall of the PC while I was there, replace the shitty Aerocool fans that were dying and swap out to a thinner radiator-the HW Black Ice Nemesis 420.

I also added a Koolance quick release drain valve and of course since nothing is easy when dealing with the acrylic tubing, had to remount the cpu water block in a different direction to get shit to fit with the new radiator. I guess it's a labor of love. Anyway, here go the pics.

Reservoir mounted to back wall, radiator and new fans installed, and quick release valve.
installingshit.JPG

cputubing.JPG

bottomtubing.JPG

toptubing.JPG

drainvalve.JPG

nemleaktest.JPG

leaktest2.JPG

nemwin2.JPG

Last edited:
So Red mentioned something interesting last night when I was lamenting the tubing not being visually even from the cpu to reservoir even though the measurements are accurate. He thought there might be some math involved needing to figure out total length for each bend section taking into account the degree of the bends and the size of the tubing.

I know we have some people here with specialties in various areas so does anyone know how I'd go about figuring out how to make these even in a visual sense? Any carpenters, plumbers, mathematics that can help me out here?

^^^
Must provide proof you didn't learn your maths from common core

I was refering to whomever helps you with your problem, cause you refered to mathematics...

Joke_over_your_head.jpg

:p

Back