Election Day Bitches!

Indiana and Kentucky have been called for Romney no surprise there, two red states.

Electoral college
Obama 3 Romney 17
Vermont Indiana,Kentucky
Romney +100,000 in the popular vote thus far with 2.1 million votes counted.

Obama 3
Vermont
Romney 33
Indiana
Kentucky
West Virginia
South Carolina

3.3 million votes counted Romney leading by 120,000 nationally

South Carolina called for Romney on BBC News - then up pops a graphic showing 77% popular vote for Obama. Confused BBC people start talking bollocks. Viewer giggles.

South Carolina called for Romney on BBC News - then up pops a graphic showing 77% popular vote for Obama. Confused BBC people start talking bollocks. Viewer giggles.

South Carolina has not been fully counted yet, they are calling it based on exit polling (reporters asking people as they leave the polling stations) and historical data. South Carolina has counted the votes from it's biggest city but most of the rural areas haven't been counted yet.

Romney projected to win Georgia.
Romney 49 Obama 3

Keep in mind we haven't seen any of the big Democrat states counted yet so there will be a few BIG spikes for Obama in the next couple hours. All polls are not closed yet so the counting rolls from East to West through the time zones.

Polls just closed in 16 states. Reporting of polls is not allowed until after polls close which is why Rails you see a weird pattern.

Obama 56 Romney 40

I guess ABC (source for the BBC's data) are making their predictions (which is what I'm seeing) and the networks that GT and mac are watching are making their own predictions based on the results that have come in / the exit polls / their political slant / bloody mindedness.

Obama 79 Romney 71
Obama
Vermont
Illinois
Connecticut
Delaware
Washington DC (has voted Democrat in every election in US history)
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetes
New Jersey
Rhode Island

Romney
Alabama
Georgia
Indiana
Kentucky
Mississippi
Oklahoma
South Carolina
West Virginia

National Popular Vote
Obama 3,375,711 Romney 3,884,253
Romney +108,000

yeah i think im watching his source

I'm watching Fox and BBC although BBC is WAY behind. On election night network doesn't matter a whole lot, it's all about numbers.

huffington seems to be in the middle of fox and bbc..... not watching fox..... for reasons

National Popular Vote
Obama 4,805,707
Romney 5,267,088

Romney +261,000

Electoral College
Obama 79
Romney 82

Romney projected to pick up Virginia

huffington seems to be in the middle of fox and bbc..... not watching fox..... for reasons

Not watching the HuffingAndPuffington post probably for the same reasons. It's slightly to the left of MSNBC.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sHEDXzOfENI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Came across this on my travels. An intriguing possibility.

National Popular Vote
Obama 12,600,872
Romney 13,428,673

Romney +771,000

Electoral College
Obama 123
Romney 154

My foreign mind is interpreting these numbers to mean President Romney by morning. BUT over here, Labour (left wing) always take an early lead because their constituencies tend to be more urban areas - which means a shorter drive, so the ballots get counted sooner. I'm guessing something similar happens with a huge number of Democrats in California, multiple timezones to account for and other national idiosyncracies. Is it still wide open? Or is Romney's early lead really an early lead?

Back