Election Day Bitches!

cplmac

Get the fuck out and VOTE! I'll keep the results updated in this thread as they are released.

The New Black Panther Party is at it again, this time a group of retired SEALS and Army special operators have decided to have a presence to ensure there are no problems. So far there have been no reported problems, except for the thousands of people in five states who have reported their voting machines logged their votes for Romney as votes for Obama.

Relatively isolated still equals tampering! Burn them, burn them all!

First results coming in
Indiana
Romney 63% Obama 36%
Senate Mourdoch 52% Donnelly 42%
Republicans winning all house races that have reported
2% of the vote in

Kentucky
Romney 68% Obama 31%
Republicans winning all house races that have reported
1% of the vote in

New Hampshire
Romney 33% Obama 65%
Democrats winning one house seat
Republicans winning the other house seat
1% of the vote in

If it's in the news there were two locations that had there machines replaced today in Toledo for voting for Obama when selecting Romney. Not sure how many machines in total and not sure how many voters/votes affected before someone was paying attention enough to notice. I agree Chuck that sort of thing went both ways today. Really wish they would get rid of computerized voting machines.

Be fair Mac; it was reported both ways and it was relatively isolated.

It was reported overwhelmingly in favor of Obama. I'm not sure it will make a difference though. It's highly suspicious that it is happening almost entirely in swing states though. 5 swing states reporting this problem honestly isn't that isolated. Everyone was worried about this when computerized polling machines were first proposed, I never thought it would be an issue but I used to be confident in the government.

tumblr_mbf4jyfaqb1qlzd2yo1_500.gif

Cthulhu.jpg

Yeah, the tampering has been going on with computerized voting for a long time now...unless it's an urban myth. Tell them to eat pop rocks and drink soda while they vote and if they die I'll know there was tampering.

My buddy just posted this on FB, thought it was fucking fantastic!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/72YG2DhWHmE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BBC's coverage just started; they're having trouble explaining how the Electoral College works.

I imagine they would it's a bit convoluted to say the least, but it does make sense to a degree.

BBC's coverage just started; they're having trouble explaining how the Electoral College works.

The electoral college is a group of electors appointed by each state to cast votes for the president. Each state gets one electoral college vote for each seat it holds in the house of representatives (435 seats) and the senate (100 seats), plus 3 from Washington DC for a total of 538 electoral college votes. To win the election you need a majority which is 270, 269 would be a tie. The electors from each state cast all of their votes for whichever candidate wins the popular vote in their state except Maine and Montana which allows their electors to vote for different candidates. This is why you can have one candidate win the popular vote (the votes the people cast) and a different candidate win the electoral college vote (the votes the electors cast which actually elect the President). There has been a movement for the past ten years to change this, but it's written into the US Constitution which is VERY hard to change. So what has been done is legislation has been introduced into the legislatures of all 50 states that would force each states electoral college to cast all of it's votes for whichever candidate wins the popular vote nationally. To date 12 states have passed this into law, the law however does not take effect until 270 electoral college votes worth of states have passed the law. It's getting there.

One question... GOP? I know it's the Republicans, but can't work out what the ehh? it stands for.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/72YG2DhWHmE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Watch it, love it, and don't forget to pick your winner!

Most polls leading up to tonight have been sampling D+6-D+8 which is inline or ahead of the actual turnout of 2008. Turnout tonight is expected to be D+1 possibly R+1. This is going to be a really interesting night with the numbers. I think a lot of polling institutions are going to have a lot of credibility flushed down the shitter after tonight.

Back